Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is TSR really full of socially inept and awkward people? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, you two, this isn't a PM service. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    Well we've learned something haven't we - don't trust Bluffroom.
    :unimpressed:
    (Original post by IWTGBT07)
    Hey, you two, this isn't a PM service. :/
    Hey you, this is chat, we can spam as much as we want And I'm known here for being a big spammer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    :unimpressed:

Hey you, this is chat, we can spam as much as we want And I'm known here for being a big spammer
    :mmm:

he's correct. Anyways, our PMs cover a much different series of topics :whip:

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm definitely socially inept and awkward.
    I thought I had friends, but I had to take 3 weeks of uni to look after my sick mum and only one person has text me, so I guess I'm a loner.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is. I'm not socially inept or awkward in social situations at all, I just enjoy coming somewhere where I can have an intellectual debate with people who know how to have a civil argument and find out things about revision/uni. You can't find that kind of thing on facebook. It stops my brain from turning into mush.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I look a complete ass now.

ReputationRep:
    I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llessur123)
    I don't think it is. I'm not socially inept or awkward in social situations at all, I just enjoy coming somewhere where I can have an intellectual debate with people who know how to have a civil argument and find out things about revision/uni. You can't find that kind of thing on facebook. It stops my brain from turning into mush.
    I can sort of relate, as I used to only hang around with my grammar school friends and everyone used to call me a 'snob', I mean, WTF? If they had got into grammar school, I would have spoke to them, doesn't mean I'm a ****er.

ReputationRep:
    I'm totally not a social inept? Umad? You should see just how many friends I have in each district of Ogrimmar everyone knows me.

I party a lot, especially when it comes to thunder isle quests as I cannot be bothered to dps alone as prot warrior.

I raid through the city of Stormwind once a week.

I even have friends to do 5 v 5 arena with! Come on life doesn't get much better than this!

I wouldn't know about anyone else, but I for one certainly fit that description.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popppppy)
    Yes I'm definitely socially inept and awkward.
    I thought I had friends, but I had to take 3 weeks of uni to look after my sick mum and only one person has text me, so I guess I'm a loner.
    Don't get paranoid about stuff like this, at uni age, most people are quite obsessed with their own lives and the here and now so you do have a bit of "out of sight out of mind", it doesn't mean they will be any different to you when you are back there.

Yes its annoying when you think, if it was someone else in that situation, I would be messaging them to see how they are....but sadly not everyone is particularly thoughtful until they grow up a bit. It doesn't mean you are socially inept though it just means other people are more self-centred.

ReputationRep:
    I like to think I'm not- I can talk to strangers and I have acquaintances from different social circles.

But recently I'm feeling detached from my closer 'friends' and spending more time on my own.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    and the debate thing's cool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anwarCuz)
    yes
    A man of words. He will remembered for saying such words as 'yes'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReckless)
    Hello TSRians,So lately all I've been seeing in threads is the idea that TSR is filled with awkward and unsociable individuals.
    I know I'm relatively awkward at times, but definitely don't consider myself socially inept. I know that I'm just speaking personally here.
    So I was interested in seeing what everyone else on here thinks about it.
    do you have a problem with such people??

welcome to the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahchan)
    do you have a problem with such people??

welcome to the internet.
    Did I say I had a problem with such people? No.
    I'm merely curious. And no, the internet is not filled with socially awkward individuals; people like you just assume that it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Especially with the ridiculous number of relationship threads, so not a lot of us are saddos :emo:.
    I hate to break it to you but most of those relationship threads are probably started by WoW saddos with nothing better to do than post made-up rubbish in relationships.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't call myself socially inept or awkward because I really like talking to people, it's just that I'm not exactly popular and girls don't 'dig' me
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I think it's hard to tell. I mean it's the student room, here you'll normally meet students, who want to discuss life and studies. This does not necessarily mean that they have no friends to discuss it with in real life, but perhaps, it's just easier, more relaxing and practical to discuss it online.

Unfortunately, I am a socially awkward person, and I find it hard to talk to people irl, but that's not necesarily the same for everyone on tsr. Also, who cares? People on tsr seem to be pretty smart, so who cares if they don't have a thriving social life, they thrive in studies... (kinda joking) And even if they don't thrive on studies, they generally seem like nice internet people...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.