Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cathychyeah)
    Theres videos on youtube
    Yeah I've had a look, but I can't find any that show the difference between Standard, Large, Studio etc.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone studying Commercial Music Performance?
    Also in response to anyone concerned about night life, I have a fair few mates who live in London and I've been to stay with them and gone to places like XOYO, The Coronet, Ministry, The Nest, Koko, etc... Which are all amazing clubs and London has so much more to offer. Also there's loads of Freshers nights for all London unis, like **** Me It's Freshers at The Coronet, which I've heard is an absolute banger. Don't be put off by the fact it's on the outskirts of London, the underground is a brilliant public transport service and it won't take long to get to central or wherever. Plus a 2 hour night bus when you're absolutely leathered is a proper laugh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing most people on here are planning on staying in harrow halls, has anyone heard back from accommodation or whatever yet, just wondering since so many have heard back from student court!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahma)
    I'm guessing most people on here are planning on staying in harrow halls, has anyone heard back from accommodation or whatever yet, just wondering since so many have heard back from student court!
    I applied for HH as soon as the application came out so i'll hear back in June

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my first year at the Harrow campus. I'm doing Contemporary Media Practice. Yes the campus is great, especially since they have completed the Forum now. Congrats on all your offers. When you get here just be prepared for the hard work

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back about halls yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joedperkins)
    Has anyone heard back about halls yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No because we don't hear back until mid june

ReputationRep:
    Just received my housing offer, anyone a little concerned about the 36 week term? The form says that it ends in late may which seems really early to me, though I'm not sure when my course actually finishes (Commercial Music).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake S)
    Just received my housing offer, anyone a little concerned about the 36 week term? The form says that it ends in late may which seems really early to me, though I'm not sure when my course actually finishes (Commercial Music).
    No 36 weeks is fine, for my course it is anyway.(Illustration and Vis)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I phoned up and was told that the demand for shorter terms due to students finishing before their accommodation lease was done was pretty high. You can also extend it if you need to for whatever reason.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone not heard back about their housing application yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just paid my £250 deposit - does anyone know how to pay the first actual payment (£2273.60)? I can't see anything on the site; will it open for me later, or will I have to pay on the 14th when I arrive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kindergartencop)
    I just paid my £250 deposit - does anyone know how to pay the first actual payment (£2273.60)? I can't see anything on the site; will it open for me later, or will I have to pay on the 14th when I arrive?
    When did you get the offer? I got an email from them today saying my application had not been successful. I have to say I'm quite upset.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kindergartencop)
    Ive paid mine too! it comes out the bank account you put on your student finance this is what i heard from a second year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrietearley)
    Has anyone been to an open day? I was looking into life at the campus, and I don't want to put anyone off, but it seems really boring. For freshers, they don't go out as there are no nearby clubs or lively bars, but have a random bbq. There are a lot of hall parties apparently. I was wondering if anyone thought the same?

Also, being so far out of london means that people who go into central have to get a 2 hour night bus back at the end of the night, everything just seems a little drab to be honest? This is just the feeling I get, I don't mean to be so negative!
    On the very last night of freshers you go to soho which is the ultimate night out, tubes starts running at 5.30 so you will just have to party hard untill then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrietearley)
    Has anyone been to an open day? I was looking into life at the campus, and I don't want to put anyone off, but it seems really boring. For freshers, they don't go out as there are no nearby clubs or lively bars, but have a random bbq. There are a lot of hall parties apparently. I was wondering if anyone thought the same?

Also, being so far out of london means that people who go into central have to get a 2 hour night bus back at the end of the night, everything just seems a little drab to be honest? This is just the feeling I get, I don't mean to be so negative!
    It takes 20 minutes on the tube to get to central which is sick considering how far out it is. Also a 2 hour night bus is hilarious when you're completely battered. My mate lived in North Acton (far west London) last year and I went to visit him a lot for nights out and stuff, never had a bad time. Also you don't have to just go to the Westminster freshers events, there's plenty of other freshers events you can go to for all London universities, like **** Me It's Freshers, which apparently smashes it. London is one of the best nights out in the world regardless of where you're living, so don't be negative! Be excited for some of the most amazing times of your life 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really want to go to this university and I want to study fashion design which would mean is be in harrow halls but I've read alot of bad reviews on the Internet :/ especially about the area around it. I'm so disappointed I have dreamed of coming here for years what's it like could anyone help me??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So which day is everyone moving in then?? I'm probably gonna be doing it on the 14th...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone studying photographic Arts??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GAFaulkner)
    So which day is everyone moving in then?? I'm probably gonna be doing it on the 14th...
    I was planning to move in on the 16th, but I don't want to miss out on anything by arriving after everyone else!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.