Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninaherz)
    thank you very much but I have decided to apply for experimental psychology at oxford. (at least I will give it a try )
    Woo! You made the right choice

ReputationRep:
    but first I have to come up with a perfect personal statement and sit the TSA

ReputationRep:
    but first I have to come up with a perfect personal statement and sit the TSA
    Good point/true.
    The TSA is probably the most important part in being invited to interview. Just FYI, your personal statement will never seem perfect to you ...

ReputationRep:
    yes, you are right I have noticed that during my first draft
    would you read it and give me your opinion?

I have already ordered the preparation books you and Jack had recommended. They are on the way to germany the offical website has also some example papers and even if I struggeled with some of them I really like these kind of tasks
    do you have some additional study tipps for the TSA?

ReputationRep:
    yes, you are right I have noticed that during my first draft
    would you read it and give me your opinion?

I have already ordered the preparation books you and Jack had recommended. They are on the way to germany the offical website has also some example papers and even if I struggeled with some of them I really like these kind of tasks
    do you have some additional study tipps for the TSA?
    One piece of advice for personal statements that I would say is that once you have sent your application, don't look at it again (unless you are invited to interview). So many people have looked at theirs and then seen mistakes or something, it is far better to be oblivious!
    Yep, if you send it to me on here then I'll read it, although ideally after the 20th June, once my exams are over.

I would say read the books first and do the exercises in there. Then move on to past papers, starting with the earliest ones and ending with the most recent. As much as you may want to prepare, I would leave the past papers till last, so that you have enough left to do a few weeks before your exam actually starts.
    My biggest tip would probably be to start underlining things. I found this to be the most useful way of picking out the important information in what was quite a long passage of writing with quite a lot of insignificant information.

ReputationRep:
    reading the books first is a great advice.
    I very gradeful that you will read my personal statement and of course you don´t have to hurry.
    wish you luck for your exams!
    thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    reading the books first is a great advice.
    I very gradeful that you will read my personal statement and of course you don´t have to hurry.
    wish you luck for your exams!
    thank you in advance
    If I think of any more tips I'll be sure to post.
    Thanks, hopefully they'll go well (and hopefully you'll be joining me in Oxford next year).
    No problem.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was looking up the same course at oxford and i wanted to now whether you can apply for graduate entry to medicine after the psychology course? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeez96)
    Hi,

I was looking up the same course at oxford and i wanted to now whether you can apply for graduate entry to medicine after the psychology course? Thanks
    Someone from TSR who did psychology (at royal holloway i think) did graduate entry medicine. Different universities may have different criteria for accepting people, but im sure psychology will be fine at some places.

ReputationRep:
    Hello - are you in Oxford now? Would you be free to have a dinner with me and my son to discuss applying?Best wishes,Deborah

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.