Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristocles123)
    Actually, I see the confusion. My apologies, what I meant but failed to say that it is mathematically possible to get an A* with a B at AS ]
    Correct. Your original post would have been correct also if you had said grade C instead of grade B, i.e. like I said in my first post, you can get CCC at AS and still come out with A*A*A* overall very realistically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristocles123)
    Wait no actually :L please tell me if I am wrong (as my maths is shabby) that above 70% in AS combined with above 90% in A2 fulfils the requirement of 80% overall and 90% in A2 for an A* overall?
    Are we just saying the same thing but in different ways?]
    That's correct but you don't need above 70% at AS. You could get below 70% in AS but then above 90% in A2 and come out with an A*, up to a limit of no lower than 60% in AS as at that point you would need 100% at A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maskofsanity)
    That's correct but you don't need above 70% at AS. You could get below 70% in AS but then above 90% in A2 and come out with an A*, up to a limit of no lower than 60% in AS as at that point you would need 100% at A2.
    Yeah fair point, indeed you don't need 70%, I just said it as OP is expecting to get at least that
    Just glad to know that my original post was correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No:

http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/...velopments.asp

Don't post with such authority if you don't know for certain.
    Actually, in terms of when I went through I am right. My friend got 78% and 80% in his AS whilst achieving 100% in both his A2 exams and only achieved an A. And this was not just an inconsistency because there are a number of people in my year who were in the same boat. I know this for certain as I saw his results sheet and our teachers all had a letter from CCEA detailing that you needed 80% in your AS and 90% in your A2.
    I am not arguing about this years boundaries or for AQA but for the year I went through as I have seen people just miss out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANB1993)
    Actually, in terms of when I went through I am right. My friend got 78% and 80% in his AS whilst achieving 100% in both his A2 exams and only achieved an A. And this was not just an inconsistency because there are a number of people in my year who were in the same boat. I know this for certain as I saw his results sheet and our teachers all had a letter from CCEA detailing that you needed 80% in your AS and 90% in your A2.
    I am not arguing about this years boundaries or for AQA but for the year I went through as I have seen people just miss out.
    The CCEA says otherwise, but regardless, you made out that this is for all boards which is incorrect.

ReputationRep:
    The CCEA says otherwise, but regardless, you made out that this is for all boards which is incorrect.
    I read what you posted and it has confused me as we had letter stating otherwise. And I made an assumption, which I should not have obviously, that it would be the same. We are not all perfect, everyone makes mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    did not mean for this to become an argument over the A* grade

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.