Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well no but I'm sure if you get through to the interview stages, the five companies you pick to go with will decide, by looking at your application, whether to interview you or not!

ReputationRep:
    did this last year. i wouldnt bother mentioning any specific companies you want to work for on the application form. when its sent off, the ice will look at it and decide if they think your a suitable applicant. if so, they will ask you to choose 5 companies from the list and send your application off to them. the companies will then let ice know who they would like to interview, so the applicant can have up to 5 interviews in a day in london.

thats why i wouldnt recommend mentioning specific companies, because it will almost certainly put the other companies off, and you might not even get an interview with the company you mention, which would be really shooting yourself in the foot for any others.

any questions about the scheme im more than happy to answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom123456)
    did this last year. i wouldnt bother mentioning any specific companies you want to work for on the application form. when its sent off, the ice will look at it and decide if they think your a suitable applicant. if so, they will ask you to choose 5 companies from the list and send your application off to them. the companies will then let ice know who they would like to interview, so the applicant can have up to 5 interviews in a day in london.

thats why i wouldnt recommend mentioning specific companies, because it will almost certainly put the other companies off, and you might not even get an interview with the company you mention, which would be really shooting yourself in the foot for any others.

any questions about the scheme im more than happy to answer
    Yeah I was thinking that! How far along did you get with the application process or did you get the scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishDan)
    Yeah I was thinking that! How far along did you get with the application process or did you get the scholarship?
    aha i made a ridiculous mistake in the interview with the actual ICE, rather than the companies lol, so i was told i didnt get one. but then like a month later a company emailed me and asked me if i wanted one. worked out in the end i guess

ReputationRep:
    aha i made a ridiculous mistake in the interview with the actual ICE, rather than the companies lol, so i was told i didnt get one. but then like a month later a company emailed me and asked me if i wanted one. worked out in the end i guess
    I'm intrigued.. What mistake did you make haha? :P
    Do you get an interview with the ICE before the companies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggfriedrice)
    Hey guys! I'll also be applying for this scholarship I was casually searching the net yesterday and I'm so glad I came across the ICE scholarship. I've heard of it before but I thought I missed the deadline, plus I went to an open day at Surrey where they had a scheme like this but was exclusive to Surrey firmers.

For question five I was also going to put sustainability haha! But seeing as everyone else is going to put that I think I'll change it.

I also can't really think of a big achievement. ):

From ICE page "Applications aren’t accepted from anyone who’s already started a degree, anyone beginning a foundation year in Autumn 2013, part time students and anyone studying outside the UK."

Thankz man but I emailed them and they got back to me sayin I am eligible
    horaaaaaaay

Meet u guys there:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishDan)
    I'm intrigued.. What mistake did you make haha? :P
    Do you get an interview with the ICE before the companies?
    aha they asked me to draw a house or something, in like 30 seconds or somethin. I have no idea why but it really stumped me haha, ended up doin a drawing a 6 yr old would do lol and just drew what a house looked like, not the plan lol. pretty embarrising haha but it turns out the company that took me on in the end didnt even know about it

and the interview with ice is on the same day as the rest of the companies. once you find out how many company interviews you have, they send out a personalised timetable to you showin when your interviews are with each company. one of these will be with the ice

ReputationRep:
    aha they asked me to draw a house or something, in like 30 seconds or somethin. I have no idea why but it really stumped me haha, ended up doin a drawing a 6 yr old would do lol and just drew what a house looked like, not the plan lol. pretty embarrising haha but it turns out the company that took me on in the end didnt even know about it

and the interview with ice is on the same day as the rest of the companies. once you find out how many company interviews you have, they send out a personalised timetable to you showin when your interviews are with each company. one of these will be with the ice

Roughly how many candidates were at the interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Somewhere I read that 500 apply, 200 get to interview and a 100 get a scholarship roughly but I can't remember where I read that so it may be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    the only time i met any of the other applicants was on the interview day, where people were in and out and there were parents and people about, and everyone was moving around to different places for interviews, so i couldnt give a very accurate figure. but what astrojg said above sounds about right, maybe 200ish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astrojg)
    Somewhere I read that 500 apply, 200 get to interview and a 100 get a scholarship roughly but I can't remember where I read that so it may be wrong.
    seriously??? only 500 apply I thought this was a freaking famous Scholarship and Thousands of people apply

Well Lesser the more chance I get to get da Scholarship rite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajragavan)
    seriously??? only 500 apply I thought this was a freaking famous Scholarship and Thousands of people apply

Well Lesser the more chance I get to get da Scholarship rite
    A lot of people would find it too much effort I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astrojg)
    A lot of people would find it too much effort I believe.
    LOL its true I have the application for a week now and did not even fill my name :eek: it is a big effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajragavan)
    LOL its true I have the application for a week now and did not even fill my name :eek: it is a big effort
    glad that im not the only one who found it a drag...tho i'm talking about the IMechE one

Had it for weeks filled in everything that was simple then when it came to the big questions took me years to get myself to write a whole page on engineering legacy :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    glad that im not the only one who found it a drag...tho i'm talking about the IMechE one

Had it for weeks filled in everything that was simple then when it came to the big questions took me years to get myself to write a whole page on engineering legacy :/
    He heeee

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone doing with their application?

I've almost finished mine and my head of sixth form said she would try to finish the reference by next week, so I should be sending it off next week. But then again the deadline is still a way away so a part of me wants to hold onto the application a bit longer in case there's something better I can add.

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone doing with their application?

I've almost finished mine and my head of sixth form said she would try to finish the reference by next week, so I should be sending it off next week. But then again the deadline is still a way away so a part of me wants to hold onto the application a bit longer in case there's something better I can add.
    there's no rush take your time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    there's no rush take your time
    I haven't rushed it at all though xD I've spent like an hour on each section since the application started so its been plenty of time. It's also kind of fun to write. I still have two sections to write though.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't rushed it at all though xD I've spent like an hour on each section since the application started so its been plenty of time. It's also kind of fun to write. I still have two sections to write though.
    Haha it is kinda fun once you get into it. Its nice to see girls do engineering, more of this should happen!

Whats your firm/insurance choices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    Haha it is kinda fun once you get into it. Its nice to see girls do engineering, more of this should happen!

Whats your firm/insurance choices?
    Yeah, I've been using the application as an excuse to procrastinate on my other work xD at least it's still semi productive. And ikr! I wish more girls did it too ):

Firmed Bath, insured Loughborough. And yourself, ero sennin?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.