Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06Dandod)
    This is a country ish cover of one of my songs, normally a pop punk thing but that band is lacking a guitarist :L

http://youtu.be/WEsAhBvVb7k

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is pretty cool - particularly like the 12 string guitar!

If you were interested, we've actually got a couple of videos on our Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater (Apologies, first bar of the bass got cut off)
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Not the greatest quality but they were taken at a gig a couple of weeks ago. We normally play with a proper drum kit but this gig was meant to be kind of stripped back. We were actually the loudest band of the night!

ReputationRep:
    I play lead guitar in a very casual pub band back home, it is great fun.

Sadly I don't know anyone here who is interested in that sort of thing!

So if anyone from Aberdeen wants to form a band / needs a guitarist, you know where to look... (seriously)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomson2013)
    Currently in a band as a drummer, but occasionally I play bass and do vocals.
    In terms of gigs and stuff, we usually just go around to national pubs and perform there to try and gain publicity, that and the fact we get free drinks

Our band members consist of two brothers and two best friends, me having the best friend, probably a recipe for disaster but hey ho it is what it is.
    The greatest band ever (the National) is composed of two brothers, and one of the brothers is best friends with the lead singer.

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind of in an indie rock band, it's tricky finding other peeps to play with though, there seems to be no drummers round where I live.

ReputationRep:
    Drummers are pretty rare... And thanks about the track, the 12 string was a bargain :P I'll take a look at your tracks when I'm on a pc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pesto)
    I'm kind of in an indie rock band, it's tricky finding other peeps to play with though, there seems to be no drummers round where I live.
    Try Gumtree, or Joinmyband

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guitarded)
    Try Gumtree, or Joinmyband
    Yeah I had a wee look on Joinmyband, seems to be mostly metalheads round these parts. I'm going to put up an advert though, see if anyone comes a callin.

ReputationRep:
    I play for a band with a couple of mates from school. We charge £150 a night between the three of us plus transport if more than 30 miles away. We're booked to play in Glasgow next week and have played all over. I think it's about establishing relationships with landlords. Living out in the sticks like us helps a lot too as there is far less competition so they're willing to pay for decent entertainment. There's nothing up of the three of us but I've got some cover on YouTube under the band's name - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rdwembQpAs - check us out if you fancy. We do Acoustic-Pop music with an Acoustic Guitar, Cajon and Saxophone, pretty unique

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngusJ)
    There's nothing up of the three of us but I've got some cover on YouTube under the band's name - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rdwembQpAs - check us out if you fancy. We do Acoustic-Pop music with an Acoustic Guitar, Cajon and Saxophone, pretty unique

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds like an Edd Sheeran/the fray kinda thing :P the guitar sounds great by the way, very bright, though admittedly I'm biased towards a good Cadd9 chord (or Dadd9 in this instance, I think your capo was on second...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What, no girls on here? I used to be in a band-vocals and lead guitar
    But now I'm solo playing acoustic mostly at local places, I get to open for a few people at two local theatres every now and then which is really awesome. I also do collabs with two of my friends who are aspiring rappers.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl! There's a girl:boy ratio of 3:2 in my band.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06Dandod)
    Sounds like an Edd Sheeran/the fray kinda thing :P the guitar sounds great by the way, very bright, though admittedly I'm biased towards a good Cadd9 chord (or Dadd9 in this instance, I think your capo was on second...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cadd9, G, Em7, Dsus4 ... The most luscious chord sequence ever invented <3 aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Personally, G Bm Em C is my favourite sequence - even better with a capo on 3rd fret...
    (I just don't like major 5th/dominant chords. I think I've only ever written one song that included them!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowninginsound)
    (I just don't like major 5th/dominant chords. I think I've only ever written one song that included them!)

Power chords are awesome when distorted with good eq, but not great acoustically :P

Personally I like D, Bm, G, Asus4, D, Bm, D/F#, G, Asus4, F#m, D/F#, G, Asus4, Bm, G, D/F#, Asus4

All in 6/8 :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Another favourite: A C#m A C#m D Dm A.
    Even cooler if it's a Dm6...

6/8 is the best. Either that or 11/8. :P

ReputationRep:

6/8 is the best. Either that or 11/8. :P
    11/8? O.o It burnsssss

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    11/8 is awesome, once you understand it. We wrote a song in 11/8 about 5 months ago and our lead singer still doesn't get how the timing works. :')

ReputationRep:
    11/8 is awesome, once you understand it. We wrote a song in 11/8 about 5 months ago and our lead singer still doesn't get how the timing works. :')
    I understand it, I just struggle with it in song context :L but then, I am a singer, maybe it's a thing :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I wasn't the one who came up with the idea, our lead guitarist just showed the chords to me and then I wrote something around them. Needless to say the rest of our songs are in 4/4 or 6/8!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guitarded)
    Used to be in a metal band playing bass... we were pretty rubbish Played a few gigs though, had good fun.

I've spent years trying to get a decent band going (and I'd prefer to play guitar really, but then, that's why there's such a bass player shortage). I just find that musicians are incredibly unreliable. E.g. When somebody decides to quit, they don't even tell you, they just stop replying to your texts until you give up on them and find someone else.
    know the feeling. My "band" seems to be cursed for singers. and noone else except the drummer seems really bothered bout it. xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.