Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I turn 21 a few months before i start my first year, can't wait to meet new folks regardless of age. I do feel ,my few years extra life experience will stand me in good stead and i'll know exactly what i want out of my time there but i think the age gap will only be an issue if you make it one.

20-23 is still very young in the grand scheme of things.

ReputationRep:
    Yup! :wavey: I'm 23

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 21 in July, starting in September.

My own fault for dicking about for 2 years at college to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Yup 21, turn 22 just after New Years. Thoroughly excited.

ReputationRep:
    I was 21 when I started... really isn't a problem, just means you aren't tempted by all the parties

ReputationRep:
    26! I'm glad I am doing it now and not 18. I am focused and lived enough life to know what I want to do and more importantly what I don't. Not afraid to speak up, work hard and go after what I want.

Even looking around the universities I was more focused on the degree, facillites, placements, what the lectures are like and if I could park on campus, whereas at 18 year old me, it would have been all about nightlife, and student life.

ReputationRep:
    20 a week before I leave

ReputationRep:
    I was 21 when I started uni. The term "mature student" didn't bother me at all, in fact I quite liked it. There was a mature student society and I always got along with them much better than the younger students.

ReputationRep:
    i'm 19 now but i'll turn 20 in a few weeks, so be 20 when i start uni in September...

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 and will turn 21 during my first year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll start at 19 and be 20 by the end of Fresher's year and I'm glad to see I'm not alone

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going Liverpool ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    19 20 during first year

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.