Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nonel)
    Doing your foundation at CCW doesn't make it easier to get into CSM, but then neither does doing it at UCA. Of the two, CCW is by far the best. It's one of the best in the country. In my opinion, you'd be silly to give up the opportunity to work there. It's a really relaxed course by all accounts so don't worry about that.
    actually it does make it easier as you can do internal progression which is when you have a guaranteed place within UAL for your degree, and they try and give you your first choice. they have a set quota of internal progression places for each degree course so it basically means that instead of being up against everyone for a place, you're only up against people in your college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccafairy)
    actually it does make it easier as you can do internal progression which is when you have a guaranteed place within UAL for your degree, and they try and give you your first choice. they have a set quota of internal progression places for each degree course so it basically means that instead of being up against everyone for a place, you're only up against people in your college.
    I was under the impression that only csm foundation students could do internal progression for csm, and CCW foundation students could do camberwell, Wimbledon and Chelsea. I'm not 100 percent though. I know people who did the csm foundation and tried to do internal progression to csm but didn't get in - their places were taken by international students instead.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I did my Art Foundation Diploma a couple of years ago and I would be more than happy to answer any questions about any aspect of the course/choosing courses etc. :flower2: G'luck with everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nonel)
    I was under the impression that only csm foundation students could do internal progression for csm, and CCW foundation students could do camberwell, Wimbledon and Chelsea. I'm not 100 percent though. I know people who did the csm foundation and tried to do internal progression to csm but didn't get in - their places were taken by international students instead.
    i just completed my foundation at ccw. internal progression is for any degree in any of the colleges you are guaranteed a place within the university but obviously not your first choice as then the courses would be really oversubscribed! they basically try to give you your first choice, and if not you have a second and third choice too, which they will place you in according to where they think is best suited to you based on your work and personality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccafairy)
    i just completed my foundation at ccw. internal progression is for any degree in any of the colleges you are guaranteed a place within the university but obviously not your first choice as then the courses would be really oversubscribed! they basically try to give you your first choice, and if not you have a second and third choice too, which they will place you in according to where they think is best suited to you based on your work and personality.

Thank you for ur help,now I know that I should chose Camberwell instead to choose UCA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikkyW)
    Thank you for ur help,now I know that I should chose Camberwell instead to choose UCA
    besides the benefits of internal progression it is an amazing course, I hope you enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikkyW)
    Hey guys I really need help as well! Please help me!!
    i got offer from CCW foundation,and UCA Epsom foundation
    i don't know which one i should choose
    first I don't really like the environment of CCW I feel that I can't breathe ttheir
    second I do really like the environment of UCA,it is feel really relax and more aattention but I am worried if I do the foundation at CCW of UAL, isn't it easier to get in CSM in the future? Thx for help me please help me
    Hi NikkyW,

I have just graduated from a degree at UCA and loved my time there. What you said about the atmosphere is true. I really liked the fact that everyone was doing arts and the size of the University meant that it was easy to collaborate with other courses/get to know a lot of people.

By looking at The University's ex students (for example Karen Millen and Tracey Emin) and keeping up-to-date with their news it's obvious that it's a good University leading to great opportunities. Hand Embroidery students worked on the Royal Wedding dress worn by the Duchess of Cambridge for fashion designer Sarah Burton for example!

Let me know if you would like to know anymore.

I hope you reach a decision that you are happy with,

Rebecca
    UCA Graduate

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.