Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duck and Cover)
    If you have no work to be getting on with and it's not the kind of job where you can be proactive/"make" work for yourself, then you could spend the time learning or improving your skills - play around in excel, read the help files, look at tutorials online etc.
    This is so dense. It's like my sister in law gave me an advice.

(Original post by Olympiad)
    I do
    Something tells me you don't want to play...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedArrow)

Something tells me you don't want to play...?
    Ok, but I play it much less atm to revise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedArrow)
    ??? You wrote in your previous post:

"And I deal with spreadsheets everyday. Would appreciate if you can give me some excel tips or something like that!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duck and Cover)
    ??? You wrote in your previous post:

"And I deal with spreadsheets everyday. Would appreciate if you can give me some excel tips or something like that!"
    Yeah... the thing is excel is vaaaaaaaast. And I really have no interest to master it all bar few essential once. Like vlookup, pivot table and sorts.

Would have been great if you could have thrown some specific function or feature of excel rather than the generic reply that everyone gives, ya know.....

I'm sorry if you took offense... But my sister-in-law is always like that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.