Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Move flats? This is (almost) always an option in halls, and can be sorted out by talking to halls reception / pastoral tutor / warden.
    Yep do this. Also try and make sure there's some kind of repercussions for them (preferably after you move out - I'd try to do this as quickly as possible). Also keep record of everything they've said or done, you may be able to cancel your contract

ReputationRep:
    this fills me with so much confidence about going uni next year.. :cool:
    but to be fair, sounds like you need to talk to someone who can actually do something about it, eg: wardens/student services. If not, for exams, go library and swich your phone off/ block calls from them.
    But i think you should go back, or else they'll have won.
    Just try and keep out of their way ( its probably not easy, but being in places where they arent and come back when they have gone sleep/ already gone out. Then get new flatmates next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Oh please :rolleyes:
    Not you again :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Move flats? This is (almost) always an option in halls, and can be sorted out by talking to halls reception / pastoral tutor / warden.
    It seems kinda pointless now though since there's only 5 weeks or so left. And what if the people I'm moved to are worse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onion man)
    It seems kinda pointless now though since there's only 5 weeks or so left. And what if the people I'm moved to are worse?
    a) do you really want to spend another five weeks with them?
    b) I very much doubt that the people you would move in with would be anywhere near as bad. You seen to have picked a particularly short straw with your current flatmates

ReputationRep:
    speak to someone at your uni and tell your parents! is there anyway you can move out¿ what you say sounds like pretty tough bullying and i dont blame you a bit for going out to those clubs and doing certain things sometimes to content your flatmates - its absolutely normal!!

i would really try to get out of there....

good luck:-):-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't let them bully you into getting a flat with them next year! Tell them (as nicely as possible) to sort their own shi* out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Business students generally do act up a fair amount. In years gone by those types wouldnt have got in to uni.

ReputationRep:
    How far away is home from your uni?

Could you commute or at least go home weekends?

Report them to the hall services.

If they ever get physical, go to the police.

What do they think is wrong with making sandwiches for lunch?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh... the mad capers people like to play on their house-mates at Uni... I remember them well (fyi: I was on the giving & receiving end) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onion man)
    I've been at my uni for almost a year now (there will only be around 5 weeks left after the Easter holiday), and I'm fed up with the people I live with. I don't want to go back!

The main problem is with two of them, they grew up together and now live at uni together and they just gang up on me all the time. They've been really abusive all year, it seems like they just use any excuse to pick on me. Like they've picked on me for making sandwiches at lunch time and using flash cards for revision (because apparently they're a stupid way to revise.) They also like to diagnose me with mental illnesses a lot, things they've tried to diagnose me with include: Asperger's syndrome, Autism etc. It's been quite upsetting. As well as this, they've been putting loads of pressure on me to sort out a house for me and them, but I don't want to live with them.

The main issue though is the fact that they pressure me into going out a lot. They make me go to clubs and I just hate going. I always end up getting really bored and it's just such a waste of time for me. I know you'll say "just stand up for yourself", but it's really hard when you live with people and they gang up on you. I tell them I hate it and I don't want to go, but they're just so ruthless. They've forced me out when I'm ill, hungover and on the verge of passing out from fatigue, so they don't like to be lenient. I say no and then they'll bang on my door for hours and they just won't leave me alone. This is really annoying because I have made friends at uni that I actually like going with, and means I have to end up going out about 3-4 times a week which sucks because my course is so demanding.

I'm getting really stressed about this now though because I have six exams coming up, and I just don't have time to go. I don't know what to do. I was thinking about going the library early so that I can avoid them and then just staying there until around 12pm, but then I don't know what to do about dinner, I think it'd be hard to go without food until midnight. Plus they'd be phoning me non-stop to pressure me into going out. Then for not going they'd probably bully me more (they've been known to mess with people's food etc.). I just hate this situation, it seems like whatever I do I'm gonna end up failing.
    They sound like a right pair of *******s and sadly some people are but the only way out of it is by doing something yourself, you 18 + now stand on your own to feet and tell them forcefully "where to go".

No one can make you go somewhere you don't want to without using force and if they start using force, call the police, otherwise next time they try to take you to a club etc simply say no i'm not going and do something else.

They probably be horrid to you for it but it's a new year soon, move away from them and don't let them get in the way of your education.

If you aren't willing to stand up for yourself then i'm afraid they wont be the only people in life taking you for a ride and making your life miserable. Thats just a sad fact of life.

Negged by someone who doesn't want to face up to reality :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Are you at Stafford tower by any chance?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.