Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many hours are you revising each day? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammyvine)
    6 hours i hope to do today!
    How many exams do you have in the summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingGas)
    How many exams do you have in the summer?
    2 AS resits' (English and 1 Sociology)
    and 5A2's
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Depends which days really, I have 9 exams but could go up to 11 so today I'm going to do 9 hours and on the days I have work I'll do about 4-5 afterwards, also once I'm back at school I'll probably do 4 hours after school too.

Really need to get these A's and A*'s to get into my chosen university so I'm not leaving anything to chance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have 9 exams too...

Im doing a little bit each day on each subject. Im doing my as resit revision first and then my a2 resits and then the 2 exams i havent ever done before...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just cover three to four topics/chapters from each subject everyday. It is tricky though because one of my A levels is a language so I'm never sure about how to map out my progress for that. Economics is the easiest for me to revise for as the content is "fixed" if that makes sense. As for Classical Civilisation... Well let's not talk about that :/

I did a few (rather unproductive) hours yesterday. And I've done two questions on a maths past paper today. Dammit, I really need to pull my act together and start revising but all I want to do is eat Easter eggs and watch Sherlock. I need to stop being so lazy.

(Original post by loveslinus)
    Hmm... The core maths bit is OK for me, but the applied module :eek:! I do mechanics and it is by far my hardest subject.
    Sorry to jump in here, but that sums up how I feel about maths too! I can do the core stuff pretty well, but I'm hopeless at mechanics. Truly hopeless. I dropped physics for a reason

ReputationRep:
    Anything from 6-9hours

ReputationRep:
    How has everyone's day gone with revision?

ReputationRep:
    Didnt get much done

Library was packed.

How was yours?

ReputationRep:
    Dreadful. The amount of internet shopping was decent though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to start until the end of the month I don't think as I only have 1 history exam, but I think I'll do about 4-6 hours a day when I start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammyvine)
    Didnt get much done

Library was packed.

How was yours?
    Got the 4 hours I set myself to do done, almost finished reading all my subjects. Tomorrow I should be done with reading, I plan to start next week with notes, so I'm just going to keep reading over and over again before I take notes next week.

ReputationRep:
    Whole day book stays open but active revision I'd say 1/2 intensive hours a day not including day daydreaming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ysgytlaeth)
    I'm not going to start until the end of the month I don't think as I only have 1 history exam, but I think I'll do about 4-6 hours a day when I start
    Your so lucky you got 1 exam! I reckon you should be able to ace history, I did at GCSE, it was my last exam and I had a whole week that I could dedicate to it, managed my time well and managed to get 100%
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Quite well actually, got 3 different Maths past papers done and about 3-4 hours of Chemistry questions too, as well as writing out all the definitions I will need for my exams. Tomorrow I'm having a break to go watch Phantom of the Opera with a few friends which should be good, then back to the revision the next day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It depends on personal preference to be honest, having a set time can be a motivational factor to get on with work, for example I set my self 1 hour to do say a unit in a history book, if I get the unit done then I continue on to the next unit with the time I have left. The problem I have with setting targets is that they could either be too low or too high, meaning I could set a target too low and get it done in 30 mins, but not cover as much work as I could have covered in 1 hour. If it was too high and took me over an hour, well we all know you lose concentration after a certain period of time.
    If you have a plan of what you have to do before the exam and you cut it down into days or weeks worth then it doesn't matter that much if one day takes a little longer or a little less though. I guess everyone is different though.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is making me feel awful! I need to start revising....
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Okay, I'm probably going to sound quite stupid, but is it better to revise a bit of each subject in a day, or do one subject a day for a longer period of time?

ReputationRep:
    None yet. Too early for me to start personally, anything revised at this stage doesn't stick in my head very well. I have a lot of the actual course still to learn for Further Maths. I've only got 4 exams in summer, though, and they're all at the end of June

ReputationRep:
    I swear I sit In front of my books all day and for every hour of revision there is four hours of nostalgic gazing out of the window!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.