Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This government is ramming through cuts as it knows it wont win next election!!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Clearly there are alot of Cameron lovers on this site lol. Well I kinda knew that as the amount of snobs you get on here is a joke .

I'm not a troll I'm asking question you snobs don't want to answer you know your beloved Mr Cameron is toast so it's hurting i understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THECHOOSENONE)
    You clearly voted for Cameron at the last election I have no doubt about that. I cant prove it but its my gut and I go with my gut that's why you are upset lool
    Oh well, if your gut is telling you that then it must be right.

Was it your gut that produced that steaming pile in the first post as well?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, it's just ideologically decided. Tories have this image that anyone on benefits is a scrounger and anyone with billions in overseas bank accounts is a national treasure.

As a Labour man I can understand that cuts may be needed, but it's the Tory policy for you. I don't think they particularly care whether or not they win the election at the minute, this is the way they believe it should be and hopefully by the time of the GE the majority of the public will forget what happened in 2013.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly there are alot of Cameron lovers on this site lol. Well I kinda knew that as the amount of snobs you get on here is a joke .

I'm not a troll I'm asking question you snobs don't want to answer you know your beloved Mr Cameron is toast so it's hurting i understand.
    Actually I just think more people hate the idea of Miliband as Prime Minister.

Cameron's not great - not by a long way, but given a choice of who I'd want running the things out of those two and he wins, hands down, every time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    Oh well, if your gut is telling you that then it must be right.

Was it your gut that produced that steaming pile in the first post as well?
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. I asked a question and you never answered I will ask it again, Do you think Cameron and co will win the next general election simple no??

Also do you believe in trickle down economics??? simple

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. I asked a question and you never answered I will ask it again, Do you think Cameron and co will win the next general election simple no??

Also do you believe in trickle down economics??? simple
    You didn't ask me either of those questions. Nor are they relevant to the idiocy that is your post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Nope, it's just ideologically decided. Tories have this image that anyone on benefits is a scrounger and anyone with billions in overseas bank accounts is a national treasure.

As a Labour man I can understand that cuts may be needed, but it's the Tory policy for you. I don't think they particularly care whether or not they win the election at the minute, this is the way they believe it should be and hopefully by the time of the GE the majority of the public will forget what happened in 2013.
    Exactly I said that Cameron and co would still be cutting the same stuff even if the economy was in good shape its part of a make up of a conservative i.e small government and tax cuts for the wealthy well that idea did not go down well for Mit Romney.

Its what you call trickle down economics which is a big legacy from Ronald Reagan to all conservatives around the world and has never worked and is a losing argument politically. David Milliband just has to let them self destruct as they are and will keep doing and trust me the cuts will really start biting in the next two years so people will not forget even though the arrogant Cameron probably thinks they will as he probably believes he is so cleaver and people have short memories well he needs to go ask the Scottish people why they don't vote for conservatives if people have short memories lol and their answer will be because of something that happened in the 80's ENOUGH SAID LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    You didn't ask me either of those questions. Nor are they relevant to the idiocy that is your post.
    Your bitter, you can see your beloved party going down in flames come 2015 and ok answer my questions the above ones.

I will ask you again, Do you think the conservatives will win the next general election???

ReputationRep:
    THECHOOSENONE,

So do you believe in Keynesian Economics? And trust Ed Balls with the Economy?

Yes or No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacketpotato)
    What do you think is the alternative? Spend yet more money we don't have? Bury our heads in the sand and acquire unlimited amounts of debt which will take decades to repay?
    Alternative would be to not make ill-thought-out cuts such as the bedroom "tax" which will affect the very poor whilst giving tax cuts to the very rich and not to dismantle the NHS which is one of the few things we can truly be proud of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Actually I just think more people hate the idea of Miliband as Prime Minister.

Cameron's not great - not by a long way, but given a choice of who I'd want running the things out of those two and he wins, hands down, every time.
    People vote for party more than anything so I think he will win well labor will a outright majority. Cameron failed with his attempts of gerrymandering the seats so it makes his task basically impossible

ReputationRep:
    This was planned from the start with the introduction of the fixed-term parliament. No newspaper really commented on it at the time but it was plainly a power grab to make it harder to destabilise the coalition. It had two effects: one, to make it so popular opinion could not force the government to call a general election, and two, to render the opposition ineffective, as Labour knows there's no point formulating any policies before 2014-ish. That means there is little rhetorical opposition to the government's plans and narrative.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly I said that Cameron and co would still be cutting the same stuff even if the economy was in good shape its part of a make up of a conservative i.e small government and tax cuts for the wealthy well that idea did not go down well for Mit Romney.

Its what you call trickle down economics which is a big legacy from Ronald Reagan to all conservatives around the world and has never worked and is a losing argument politically. David Milliband just has to let them self destruct as they are and will keep doing and trust me the cuts will really start biting in the next two years so people will not forget even though the arrogant Cameron probably thinks they will as he probably believes he is so cleaver and people have short memories well he needs to go ask the Scottish people why they don't vote for conservatives if people have short memories lol and their answer will be because of something that happened in the 80's ENOUGH SAID LOL
    But why does David Milliband care?

Ed Milliband is being completely passive, I don't like to see politicians doing that, and also I think you underestimate
    1. The number of people who actually ARE right-wing
    2. The number of people who will vote Tory because of superficial reasons
    3. People who are just anti-immigration or support one policy VERY strongly
    4. The effect of an election campaign

I wouldn't be opening the 2015 champagne yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homeboy Hotel)
    THECHOOSENONE,

So do you believe in Keynesian Economics? And trust Ed Balls with the Economy?

Yes or No.
    Yes I do believe in Keynesian economics "DURING" a time of recession yes I do. I will take that over TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS any day of the week and yes I trust Ed Balls with the economy, see this is the same tactic Mr Cameron is going to use in the next election lol. His going to basically try and tell the public do you trust them with the economy but let me tell you why it wont work. Labor can just say do you trust Mr Cameron and Gerogie boy with the economy??? after they have done nothing in 5 years and got us into a triple dip recession let alone a double dip simple end of argument, by giving massive tax breaks to the wealthy who then go stash their cash in tax havens i.e TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS BACK AGAIN LOOOOL. So the main purpose of trickle down economics is to give huge tax breaks to the wealthy so they invest in the UK but they are doing the opposite and stashing their money in overseas tax havens lol wow GAME SET AND MATCH

ReputationRep:

Ed Milliband is being completely passive, I don't like to see politicians doing that, and also I think you underestimate

Sorry I meant Ed Milliband mybad

ReputationRep:

Yeah I understand point 1,3 100%. There are alot of righ wing people in this country but most will vote UKIP LOL. See UKIP will take votes away not help the conservatives nor hurt Labor and Mr Farage said he would never EVER do a deal whilst Mr Cameron is the leader of the tory party.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do believe in Keynesian economics "DURING" a time of recession yes I do. I will take that over TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS any day of the week and yes I trust Ed Balls with the economy, see this is the same tactic Mr Cameron is going to use in the next election lol. His going to basically try and tell the public do you trust them with the economy but let me tell you why it wont work. Labor can just say do you trust Mr Cameron and Gerogie boy with the economy??? after they have done nothing in 5 years and got us into a triple dip recession let alone a double dip simple end of argument, by giving massive tax breaks to the wealthy who than go stash their cash in tax havens i.e TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS BACK AGAIN LOOOOL. So the main purpose of trickle down economics is to give huge tax breaks to the wealthy so they invest in the UK but they are ding the opposite and stashing their money in overseas tax havens lol wow GAME SET AND MATCH
    Tory Logic. Bring money into local businesses by giving tax payers money to Caymen Island banks.

ReputationRep:
    Your bitter, you can see your beloved party going down in flames come 2015 and ok answer my questions the above ones.

I will ask you again, Do you think the conservatives will win the next general election???
    Bitter?

My party?

Which questions? The ones you never asked yet claimed you had?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do believe in Keynesian economics "DURING" a time of recession yes I do.
    Keynesian Economics is like drinking alcohol.

It get you on a massive high which is fun yet unsustainable, with the preceding recession known as the hang over period. David Cameron was faced with two choices:
    1. Drink more alcohol (spend more out of a recession, let someone else deal with the debt)
    2. Embrace the hangover, suck it up and deal with it.

You must embrace the hangover, propping up failing assets with public cash won't work.

Ed Balls knows if he was in power he can borrow for the medium-term goal of seeing through his political career and being part of a 'not-unliked' government, then when the real effect of a high debt-GDP ratio hits, it won't be his problem. He'll be giving £150,000 talks to Arabs and writing his memoirs.

I don't believe Trickle down economics works either, but Keynesian Economics is only popular within the scope of winning election cycles.

yes I trust Ed Balls with the economy
    People like you have very little short term memory. Ed Ball's gang were in power for 13 YEARS, the reckless stimulus spending during the boom and the light touch financial regulation is his making. He is pathetic.

An ugly bully, opportunistic and bullsh!tter in opposition.

by giving massive tax breaks to the wealthy who then go stash their cash in tax havens
    Does you really believe that people who avoided paying tax at 50% are going to actually pay at 45%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homeboy Hotel)
    Keynesian Economics is like drinking alcohol.

It get you on a massive high which is fun yet unsustainable, with the preceding recession known as the hang over period. David Cameron was faced with two choices:
    1. Drink more alcohol (spend more out of a recession, let someone else deal with the debt)
    2. Embrace the hangover, suck it up and deal with it.

You must embrace the hangover, propping up failing assets with public cash won't work.

Ed Balls knows if he was in power he can borrow for the medium-term goal of seeing through his political career and being part of a 'not-unliked' government, then when the real effect of a high debt-GDP ratio hits, it won't be his problem. He'll be giving £150,000 talks to Arabs and writing his memoirs.

I don't believe Trickle down economics works either, but Keynesian Economics is only popular within the scope of winning election cycles.

People like you have very little short term memory. Ed Ball's gang were in power for 13 YEARS, the reckless stimulus spending during the boom and the light touch financial regulation is his making. He is pathetic.

An ugly bully, opportunistic and bullsh!tter in opposition.

Does you really believe that people who avoided paying tax at 50% are going to actually pay at 45%?
    pls.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.