Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scariest film(s) you have seen? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontWantYourBloodMoney)
    I'd have to say The Orphanage (El Orfanato), purely because I didn't think a film with it's age rating would be like that at all, very good film though. Most 'scary' films nowadays are far too predictable, or just filled with shock value such as 'A Serbian Film' and 'The Human Centipede'.

edit: Also, The Strangers is very good for a jumpy type scary movie.
    I've always wanted to watch A Serbian Film but apparently it's very disturbed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Halloween, The Shining, Silence of the Lambs, The Ring

ReputationRep:
    I've watched a lot of horror films and it's very rare that I get scared. I would say the two that scared me the most (although I was young at the time) were the Exorcist and the Texas Chainsaw Massacare (the original version, I don't rate the re-make).

In terms of more recent films I found 'The Strangers' and 'Them' (also known as ILS) quite scary, with the latter being the scariest.

I've literally just come back from the cinema after watching 'Dark Skies' and that's one of the best horror films I've seen in a while. Made me jump in 2 or 3 places and I was on the edge of my seat throughout anticipating what was going to happen next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanbabbar./)
    I was about 8 when I watched The Ring, and that scared the crap out of me.
    Sinister is very scary in my opinion.
    I was about 8 when I watched the Blair Witch Project and my Dad told me it was a true story.

ReputationRep:
    Hellraiser, part 1,2,3 and 4 ..

ReputationRep:
    The Ring
    Woman in Black

And recently: 'Mama'.

Anything with creepy kids scares the crap out of me.

ReputationRep:
    When I was a kid, The Ring, for sure.

But now that I'm a bit of a horror movie buff I'd have to say either [REC] (first film to ever give me an almost sleepless night) or Sinister. Though I recently watched Sinister on DVD and it was a tad disappointing, in the cinema it was utterly traumatisingly terrifying.

I'm permanently confused as to how someone can be scared by something like Saw or Hostel though, or indeed any gory horror film. They're completely inferior to more psychological horrors.

ReputationRep:
    The Woman in Black and the Paranormal Activity films for me.

But then I have to admit that I don't have a very strong head when it comes to films and can get scared fairly easily

ReputationRep:
    Probably The Thing (1982 version)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ftmr17M-a4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    I've always wanted to watch A Serbian Film but apparently it's very disturbed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh my god please don't watch it, it's horrendous!! I thought the same... But you actually do not want to see it, you just think you do but if you really knew what happened you would change your mind! I had to run to the toilet at the end because I thought I was going to be physically sick afterwards, and I find watching films like Saw dead easy (Probably shouldn't have eaten dairy milk Oreo whilst watching it I guess).

I literally can't find any films that really scare me anymore. I used to think Amytville Horror (remake) and the Grudge 2 were terrifying when they first came out but have watched them since and hardly jumped! Paranormal activity 2 is probably the last scary film I watched which prevented me from sleeping easy afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    I've not seen [REC], but having seen shotforshotnotquiteasgoodhollywo odremake Quarantined, I'm not sure if it's worth having the **** scared out of me for a second time. That loft scene :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    I've not seen [REC], but having seen shotforshotnotquiteasgoodhollywo odremake Quarantined, I'm not sure if it's worth having the **** scared out of me for a second time. That loft scene :afraid:
    The Spanish version is far, far, far superior. You must watch it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveyCanis)
    The Spanish version is far, far, far superior. You must watch it!
    But then the series just dies Especially by Rec 3!

ReputationRep:
    The scariest film I have ever seen is MEGAN IS MISSING. Just thinking of those last 20 minutes just horrifies me. Then it would have to be the scene in hostel where the woman baths in the blood of the woman above, after her dicing her up, yum yum!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    But then the series just dies Especially by Rec 3!
    I like to pretend the third one doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Is that where the camera was spun about 720 degrees before it jumped out? The film was pretty scary, but that scene was so ridiculous I was laughing haha.

Scariest is probably the Orphanage for me!

ReputationRep:
    "I Spit On Your Grave" is just something else

ReputationRep:
    Well my one isn't a film, but.....

Mexican Cartels decapitating a rival gang with axes was pretty brutal.
    And then hacking their bodies to pieces, again with the axe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by advice_guru)
    Well my one isn't a film, but.....

Mexican Cartels decapitating a rival gang with axes was pretty brutal.
    And then hacking their bodies to pieces, again with the axe.

ReputationRep:
    13 ghosts - when I was 12 the angry princess kept me awake for weeks
    jeepers creepers - when I was a young teen..wtf is that thing?
    hannibal - has a cannibal serial killer, 'nuff said. definetly a favourite.
    nightmare on elm street 2010 - freddy kruger just scares the sh*t out of me
    sinister - most recent one, not much is scarier than snuff videos!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.