Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nuke New York City Or Kill Family? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zz_)
    'the world' doesn't feel. if i kill my family i can't sleep at night, and when i do i probably have nightmares. if i nuke NY, a lot of people i've never heard of feel pain, but their pain is not my pain. i'd get over it.

i swear i'm not this cold and heartless all the time
    The world might not feel pain but the countless families torn apart by the incident would.

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely nuke New York. It's an overrated city in my opinion. Anyone with money and sense quickly moves to the west coast.

LA + California > New York

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoGoodOnesLeft)
    The world might not feel pain but the countless families torn apart by the incident would.
    this is @ Foghorn Leghorn too but i can't multi-quote across two pages

don't get me wrong; i wouldn't be happy about either option. it's not even about weighing up the value of the family versus that of New York. it's which option i think i'd be able to live with, and the new york option is distant and detached. it's impersonal to me.

i would be interested to see the answers if the city lined up for a nuking were some city in Romania or somewhere. New York is somewhat romanticised/held in high regard and i just wonder if the answers would differ if it was some obscure place we'd never heard of.

ReputationRep:
    I would nuke your house

ReputationRep:
    If there were only two options, which would be impossible, I'd kill my family, mainly because nuking New York would kill so many, regardless of whether I knew them or not. It may also end up with mutually assured destruction, which would mean my family would probably die anyway. I'd want my family to know why before, though.

If the usual forces of nature were still applicable to me, I'd kill myself. There'd be much less loss of life than either option if only I died.

If I could warn New York that I have been forced to take two options or something like the entire world will be blown up, and manage to have everyone evacuate the city, I'd nuke New York.

ReputationRep:
    Kill family.

ReputationRep:
    Nuke NYC, family is pretty much everything.

ReputationRep:
    We all know the right choice but would be too selfish to make it.

ReputationRep:
    Can I not nuke the rest of America as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baines3)
    Can I not nuke the rest of America as well?
    I'm afraid not. Only New York City and New York City alone. I'll gladly make a new thread later on for you, if you wish?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    See ya New York, it was nice knowing you.

Hell, we could do with cutting the population down a little anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllaBella<3)
    Haven't got much of an immediate family; yet I wouldn't kill my mum for anything or anyone. Nuke NYC.

Since N.Korea have declared a state of war with the South there're an increasing number of threads associated with nuclear wars and the end of the world. Hmm.
    North Korea have technically been at war with South Korea since the 50's. They never peaced it up. (Just an interesting tidbit, not trying to be a pedant).

And yeah, mum>NYC. I actually have family in NYC but it's only a cousin who is a bit of a disgrace to the family name, so it's actually an incentive to drop a bomb on that. Kapow.

It's easier to kill a million people you don't know in a far away land than watch someone you love die.

ReputationRep:
    I'd still nuke new York tbh..

ReputationRep:
    Not to be racist but why not nuke China they have the highest population?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkarian)
    Not to be racist but why not nuke China they have the highest population?
    Not to be racist?

ReputationRep:
    turn New York into a sparkly thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foghorn Leghorn)
    Not to be racist?
    Perhaps its to do with annihilating Chinese ppl I dunno.
    Issue with nuking new York would be the collateral damage caused to other states and who would take advantage of the US's weakness. Also who launches this nuke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottled)
    Perhaps its to do with annihilating Chinese ppl I dunno.
    Issue with nuking new York would be the collateral damage caused to other states and who would take advantage of the US's weakness. Also who launches this nuke
    so what? They have been pushing others around for so long, it's about time karma balanced the books.

You can't act like a bully, and not expect the the cows to come home to roost.

ReputationRep:
    well if its family goes or mass genocide, cant nuking north korea be an option instead of NY?

ReputationRep:
    Nuke the mother****ers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.