Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it possible for a girl to be attractive with a big nose and thin lips watch

ReputationRep:
    God save us from the promiscuous, sleazy, and tacky 'club' culture endemic we have.

ReputationRep:
    We all have insecurities, though we have to learn to accept them, and work with them. You're not ugly, all the people who said so are/were idiots.

And at least you have a nose and mouth, some people do not have such an ordeal, through burns or birth defects, but yet even some of them appreciate what they have and manage to work with it and live fulfilling lives. Have you heard of Katie Piper? http://www.katiepiperfoundation.org.uk/
    She has had plastic surgery, but only because her face was so deformed at first.

So you've got a "little bump" in your nose or "thin lips", but if it's relationships you're worried about forming, then you have to realise that the right person for you will look past your """imperfections"""", and embrace them and love you for who you are, and as you've got probably another 60-70 years of life, then you have PLENTY of time to meet the right person, but knowing you Miss Beautiful, you'll meet up with someone much sooner

So feel beautiful, cause you are if you have all of these properties:

A face
    A brain
    A heart ( not metaphorically, literally, like you have to be alive for someone to be physically attracted to you...well there's always one person who isn't...)

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear make up and I don't make much of an effort with how I look. In my opinion if people can't accept you if you look realllly rough then what right should they have in getting to know you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a huge fan of big noses but thin lips? Yes please!

ReputationRep:
    well men normally have largers noses and small lips while women small noses and big slips but why would you even think your ugly? i think everyone should think themselves as beautiful and have the confidence that comes with it as if you see yourself as ugly chances are other people will? get me?

ReputationRep:
    There's as many turn ons in the world as there are things! Confidence is a big thing, stop knocking yourself and don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    I love it when people ask completely subjective questions and expect a definite answer.

My answer to this question is most definitely.

To be attractive just means your ability to attract someone.

What if her "big nose" was a cute shape, or she knew how to lick/bite her lips seductively.
    She also could have a nice bum and wide hips, which in my opinion is by far the best thing for a girl to have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I've seen plenty of very attractive girls/women with big noses and/or big lips.

/thread
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hermitthefrog)
    Right here's the problem. I am frequently called ugly etc and I believe that the reason is my nose and my lips. On a night out I will put a lot of effort into my hair and make up, trying to accentuate my eyes which I have been told are pretty, and I spend a ridiculous amount of money on cosmetics and clothes. However I still get ignored and hardly ever chatted up and I think the reason is my nose (long with a big bump) and lips (So thin the top one is pretty much non existant) make me unattractive. Figure-wise I am a size 10 and 5'6, so not fat but not skinny, I am currently working to lose weight, I've lost 20lbs so far and would like to get down to a size 8 (On top anyway, not sure my bum will ever fit into an 8 hahahaha). My two flatmates often tell me before a night out that I look gorgeous etc but they're the only ones who ever say this, and it's really starting to get me down seeing my friends get so much male attention.

At school it felt like no one really cared that I was ugly but since coming to uni it seems to be a lot more appearance- focussed and I feel like no one really makes any effort to get to know me because I am so unattractive. Please help me, are nose and lips a deal breaker to you?
    Hey Op,
    I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling this way, and I hope it eases up.

I'm sure you are a wonderful person, but perhaps you need to learn to love yourself more? You criticise your looks and highlight your apparent flaws, and this makes you sound insecure rather than humble, which perhaps to some could be off-putting to some.

Consequently, the effect of your insecurity could perhaps result in you not noticing when someone is trying to chat you up, or take interest in you, and then this feeling of being ignored would contribute to your self-disliking, when you may not actually be being ignored... So why don't you try to focus on loving yourself a bit more, and accepting yourself?

I think once you've done this, and your confidence has grown, you'll notice some difference, even if it's not male attention, you, yourself will love you and I think this is what's most important.

Anyway, best of luck. I'm sure you will meet someone who likes you for you someday.

All the best

ReputationRep:
    I just came across this post and I'm not sure if it's even still a thing for you but I feel you!! Although people tell me I'm pretty and stuff I hate how I look especially because I think my nose is too big and my lips too thin (they actually are, it's a family/genes thing haha) and yes, I think it's kinda true, lips are a big deal.. If you'd ask 100 men 'do you prefer big or small lips?' I bet 99% of them would answer 'big lips' because they are a sex and fertility symbol aren't they? BUT as much as I hate my face sometimes I found a different way to express myself whenever I feel I can't ‘win’ people with my look. I found my own style and dress the way I feel 'cool' in my own skin, that helps a lot! Even if you like it weird, embrace it and stand out. Plus I've got this kind of 'I dont even care' attitude towards things that are only based on appearance and looks. I know it's easy to say but srsly just be yourself! And do you really NEED a boy right now or guys who chat you up or does it just bother you that no one does? Because if not, whatever, **** them! Best is, do not try too hard and don't take life tooooo seriously. If you're feeling insecure, listen to your favourite band or whatever makes you happy and love yourself a bit more and remember less is always more (esp. make-up) and whoever calls you ugly, well I bet those are the wanna-be-rich-and-fancy *****es who might be actually pretty but believe me only on the outside because normally everyone sees beauty in everything and I bet you also do have beautiful features or whatever so just enhance them. Don’t take everything too seriously and cheer up!
    (There might be some spelling mistakes in here but that's because I'm not a native speaker but none the less do I have an opinion which I wanted to share)

ReputationRep:
    So, I would say keep at it. Unless you are in the very attractive set, which most people aren't, dating takes a lot of effort and has many set backs. You're doing the right things, just keep the faith be confident and things will work out. I know, I've been there..

ReputationRep:
    Audrey Hepburn had a large nose and her lips weren't very full. She's beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Youll be fine just spend more on cosmetics

ReputationRep:
    This thread began in 2013, why are people still posting? 😂

ReputationRep:
    Believe me, if you are a nice person people will always be attracted to you no matter what you look like and anyone who is only interested in your looks is probably not worth being with anyway. Beauty on the inside will always shine through x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.