Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Underrated/Overrated Actors thread? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've never liked Leonardo Decaprio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjf8)
    Casey Affleck is a great shout actually. He was so good in Jesse James. Much better than his brother in my opinion.
    Agreed, his brother is turning out to be a rather promising director though.

David Tennant is a ludicrously overrated actor in my opinion, has no subtlety or craft... just blurts **** out and chews up the scenery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    Agreed, his brother is turning out to be a rather promising director though.
    I guess. I thought Argo was a little overrated and unoriginality and almost plagiarism of The Town spoilt that for me somewhat.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Sam Rockwell is underrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Sam Rockwell is underrated.
    Good shout! I saw him in that space film where it was mostly just him and his twin. Excellent actor, really like him.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by danny111)
    Good shout! I saw him in that space film where it was mostly just him and his twin. Excellent actor, really like him.
    If you like him watch Seven Psychopaths , Top movie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    If you like him watch Seven Psychopaths , Top movie!
    Saw that already

In fact I saw it because I liked him so much in Moon it's called that I said okay, definitely going to watch this one now. I also have Snow Angels with him in still to watch.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by danny111)
    Saw that already

In fact I saw it because I liked him so much in Moon it's called that I said okay, definitely going to watch this one now. I also have Snow Angels with him in still to watch.
    His acting was superb on moon and it really got me thinking at the end what if that happens one day, kinder would make life worthless. I hope cloning of humans is never allowed or impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob :))
    He was good in 'The Departed'.

ReputationRep:
    Underrated: Jon Bernthal and Chris Tucker

ReputationRep:
    underrated - Katie McGlynn(Corrie)

ReputationRep:
    Underrated - Tom Hardy
    Overrated - Johnny Depp (his eccentric character shtick is getting boring now)

ReputationRep:
    overrated... Kristen Stewart
    such an expressionless actress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theyessent)
    overrated... Kristen Stewart
    such an expressionless actress
    So much hate for that poor girl.

ReputationRep:
    Underrated - Tom Hardy, Eric Bana, Joseph-Gordon Levitt

Overrated - Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, Denzel Washington

ReputationRep:
    dont know weather they are under rated exactly but the best in my opinion are:

Actor: Emilio Estafez
    Actress: Toni Collette

there are many more greats but these two always stand out as the best 'serious' actors

I mostly prefer comedies so:

Charlie Sheen (who cant do serious acting at all but nails the comedy stuff)
    John Belushi (the man is a legend )
    Mike Myers (you have to love Wayne world and Austin powers)

but they aren't the kind you could cast in a heartfelt or dramatic film so are probably rated correctly lol

as for over rated, the twilight cast... seriously just terrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRedPineapple)
    Underrated: Jon Bernthal and Chris Tucker
    I love Chris Tucker, he's hilarious!!

ReputationRep:
    Overrated: Vin Diesel & Adam Sandler

Underrated: Christoph Waltz (Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained he was awesome)

ReputationRep:
    Diego Luna. He is AMAZING. He was a gay guy in milk , a horny teenager in y tu mama tambien , and katy perry's boyfriend in the one that got away . Basically he's in every good movie out there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Angry Stoic)
    I would never say that I disliked DiCaprio, but I can take him or him for the most part. He doesn't leave much of an impact on me. My favourite role of his was Calvin Candie in Django Unchained.

(Original post by MickIAC)
    Overrated: Vin Diesel & Adam Sandler

Underrated: Christoph Waltz (Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained he was awesome)
    I think Sandler is overrated too. His comedy is too immature. Movies like"Jack and Jill" are abysmal.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.