Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Annihilate Central Africa and Nigeria or the Arab Peninsula and Iran and Egypt? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    It's a difficult choice... I do like both cultures.

I guess one would solve more of the world's problems than the other though...
    I agree. Maybe this was a little too much, a little too gruesome. I think I'll tone down my "Which would you choose" threads - too much death and destruction in one day... :sigh:

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Again for me it would go down to how many people would die as I'd want to kill the least amount of people possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    I agree. Maybe this was a little too much, a little too gruesome. I think I'll tone down my "Which would you choose" threads - too much death and destruction in one day... :sigh:

:awesome:
    Nah, I like hypothetical moral questions like this it really makes you think hard about which would be the better of two evils.

ReputationRep:
    I guess one would solve more of the world's problems than the other though...
    Doubt it, America would still find other countries to invade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Doubt it, America would still find other countries to invade.
    That's naive thinking.

ReputationRep:
    That's naive thinking.
    Naive? The USA traditionally had the Monroe Doctrine during the 19th century, which prevented other powers getting involved in the Affair of Latin or N.America. Then came the Spanish American war of 1890 which led to USA interventions in the Carribeans and SE Asia. The USA also contested with Japan in an naval arms race during the early 20th century (look at US foreign policy during the Russo-Japanese war of 1905). During 1914, USMC occupied Vera Cruz during the Mexican Revolution and used the Zimmerman Telecom as an pretext for joining the Allies in WW1. Then came the Boom time period which had help the USA become the world's largest economy (N.York replacing London as the principle financial capital). During WW2, the USA expanded beyond it's continantial shelve and had marked it's presence everywhere. The USA was bogged in Europe during most of the Cold war. It's only during the 1970/80s, that the USA had intervened considerably in the Middle-East, esp. during the Iran-Iraq war (1980-89). Now the US Navy is transporting most of it's fleet to the Asia-Pacific as the China rises and the economy of E.Asia booms. You are the naive one and have little knowledge about International relations.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.