Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Using a SatNav no cigarette lighter Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SortYourLife)
    Thanks this is great, yeah I'm swapping the stereo in mine with the one in my dads, as he doesn't use the aux port and I will. But cheers, will probably take this option! (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries! If you need help with finding the correct wires, just message me

ReputationRep:
    I have the old TomTom One XL v1 and the battery lasts quite a bit. Usually around 2 hours and enough for 2 hour or less journeys. Just switch it off when not in use, make sure it's always fully charged before a journey and try to turn it off by also printing off a Google Map or something to also help you on your journey without the need of the sat nav so you can switch it off.

Most Sat Navs come with the cigarette lighter adapter so keep it and use it in emergencies, most of the time you won't need it though unless it's a VERY long 2+ hour journey.

If your car doesn't have one you can always buy a USB back up charger to use with your satnav but they can be expensive. http://www.amazon.co.uk/5600mAh-Exte...up+charger+usb

ReputationRep:
    My 5 inch One XXL lasts 3 hours, if that's enough

Posted from TSR iPad

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.