Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it worth me going to an R.E Easter Revision class? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    It is a real subject as you are required to study it. Philosophy A level is also considered a 'proper' A level, my friend studied it and had an Oxford offer for law. I myself had an offer for UCL law. Don't be snobby about it, I'd rather have an A* in RS than a B because I thought "oh well who cares it's RS". At the end of the day another A* on your CV always looks good, you might think it's an easy doss subject but that makes it look even worse if you then miss the A* by a mark or two, doesn't it? It's SO easy and crap..yet you still didn't get the A* in it. Every A* is worth having whether it's maths, science or rs simply because it's an A*. Always better to say you got 5A*s than 4A*s, or whatever.
    They are GCSE's they are irrelevant. however an A* in a science is much more valuable than an A* in a subject like RE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polish master)
    They are GCSE's they are irrelevant. however an A* in a science is much more valuable than an A* in a subject like RE
    What year of school are you in? GCSEs are not irrelevant, if you fail them you cannot go onto A levels for a start. An A* in science at GCSE is no more valuable than an A* in RS because the main thing with GCSEs is not the subjects but the grades. Nobody will care later if you took French rather than Media Studies at GCSE. What they will care about is whether you got an A* rather than a B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    What year of school are you in? GCSEs are not irrelevant, if you fail them you cannot go onto A levels for a start. An A* in science at GCSE is no more valuable than an A* in RS because the main thing with GCSEs is not the subjects but the grades. Nobody will care later if you took French rather than Media Studies at GCSE. What they will care about is whether you got an A* rather than a B.
    Year 13. And I'm sure if someone leaves school after GCSE and go for a job the fact they have A*'s in science based subjects will make them more desirable then an A* in Media studies which also isn't a real subject

ReputationRep:
    Annoying when people say RE isn't a 'real' subject. Could you be anymore condescending and naive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polish master)
    Year 13. And I'm sure if someone leaves school after GCSE and go for a job the fact they have A*'s in science based subjects will make them more desirable then an A* in Media studies which also isn't a real subject
    Not sure where you got this opinion from but it's not right by any means. No employer will care what GCSE subjects you did. They will however be impressed by lots of A*s. If you get A*s in the sciences but fail to get an A* in RE, which according to you 'isn't a real subject' I would wonder what went wrong there seeing as you seem to think it's so easy..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie97)
    Annoying when people say RE isn't a 'real' subject. Could you be anymore condescending and naive?
    Especially as it's on the list of approved A level subjects. But then again this is basically the essence of TSR..I'd rather have an A* in RE than an A or lower!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I don't take it, but I know that in terms of it being "real", it clearly is because it is an existing subject right in front of us... It's like when people say "science is real but English isn't" when it clearly is, the words on a paper are there, and the language actually forms the scientific facts in the first place.

I've been to Easter revision sessions for science and I've found them quite useful. Some of them were a little rushed because we're doing triple and had to get through a lot, but it helped to recap my knowledge on everything and now I can revise the topics I find trickiest in my own time. It's given me a boost to keep going and really highlighted what I don't know. So take revision if you're given the opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    Science based subjects are much more valuable, It is proven with pay after university with the exception of law, Science based subjects often earn more. Surely if schools make it a short course as well then even they don't take it as seriously. If they made it a full course then maybe people would try more as it's an extra incentive.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.