Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ^Think it's scheduled to happen at next year's Mania rather than ER. Still unsure if Rock is going to be at ER as he's filming Hercules unless they want to cram in a defence for Cena when he wins the strap and finish off the Rock-Cena feud.

But Rock, maybe he's trying to swerve, but says not sure to be at WM30 although it's a safe bet considering he did the press conference and talked enthusiastically and it's the big 3-0.

ReputationRep:
    Best bit of build-up from Cena/Rock right here...

A lot of people think something big will happen with Cena at Mania. The best I am hoping for, or could see happening, is a character tweak. Just a tweak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Best bit of build-up from Cena/Rock right here...

A lot of people think something big will happen with Cena at Mania. The best I am hoping for, or could see happening, is a character tweak. Just a tweak.
    Lol. That definitely has been the best build-up so far. I actually hope that they put this in the promo; it's definitely better than the other crap that they did.

I just can't imagine Cena turning heel - even if he does, well, I think he might be poop at it. But it will definitely make things interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufistic)
    Lol. That definitely has been the best buil-up so far. I actually hope that they put this in the promo; it's definitely better than the other crap that they did.

I just can't imagine Cena turning heel - even if he does, well, I think he might be poop at it. But it will definitely make things interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I honestly think Cena would be one of the greatest heels of all time. He's such a perfect babyface, that doing the exact opposite would give him incredible heat. Imagine the manly 'Let's go Cena' chants succeeded by the highly-pitched 'Cena sucks' chants when he is a heel. And the roar he'll get every time his music hits. Coming out in a black suit, speaking in his indoor voice, but slower than usual, and destroying everything that comes in his way.

But of course, it's not happening. At least for another 12-18 months. Not until they have someone they can throw the ball to. Ryback, Sheamus etc are just not ready yet, while Rocky is a part-timer. The only person that could carry the show is Triple H; I think he still has it in him to work a full schedule. Not that I would prefer that to Cena carrying the show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    I honestly think Cena would be one of the greatest heels of all time. He's such a perfect babyface, that doing the exact opposite would give him incredible heat. Imagine the manly 'Let's go Cena' chants succeeded by the highly-pitched 'Cena sucks' chants when he is a heel. And the roar he'll get every time his music hits. Coming out in a black suit, speaking in his indoor voice, but slower than usual, and destroying everything that comes in his way.

But of course, it's not happening. At least for another 12-18 months. Not until they have someone they can throw the ball to. Ryback, Sheamus etc are just not ready yet, while Rocky is a part-timer. The only person that could carry the show is Triple H; I think he still has it in him to work a full schedule. Not that I would prefer that to Cena carrying the show.
    Hmm. Seen as you put like that, I can't disagree. But, at the moment, there is no need for Cena to become a heel. IMO, Punk is one the best heel(s) we have seen for a long time - as long as Punk is heel, I see no reason why Cena should become one too.

Having said that, Sheamus and Randy Orton are good heels too. The latter is definitely more than capable for carrying the show. Also, Lesnar is around for 2 years, he alone, is another that can carry the show. But I guess his demands are too high. He's a good 'ol country boy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufistic)
    Hmm. Seen as you put like that, I can't disagree. But, at the moment, there is no need for Cena to become a heel. IMO, Punk is one the best heel(s) we have seen for a long time - as long as Punk is heel, I see no reason why Cena should become one too.

Having said that, Sheamus and Randy Orton are good heels too. The latter is definitely more than capable for carrying the show. Also, Lesnar is around for 2 years, he alone, is another that can carry the show. But I guess his demands are too high. He's a good 'ol country boy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have to agree, CM Punk stepped up a level or two on Monday, and did something memorable.

I think Lesnar's earnt his wages. The increase in buyrates for Extreme Rules and SummerSlam in comparison to 2011 pretty much covered his wages. Plus he's had TV appearances, merchandise sales etc on top of that.

If there's one person turning on Sunday, you've got to think it'll be Randy. He works a lot better as a heel, although I do like him as a face. He puts on top matches whatever his character is.

ReputationRep:
    Orton desperately needs something to happen to him. Despite consistently being a top performer he's kind of fallen by the wayside over the last year or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Orton desperately needs something to happen to him. Despite consistently being a top performer he's kind of fallen by the wayside over the last year or so.
    I want to see him do a full-on heel turn

ReputationRep:
    Problem with Orton is even at Heel he seems to have a ton of fans and the last few years hes been a baby face he has no direction what so ever. Much better as a heel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Problem with Orton is even at Heel he seems to have a ton of fans and the last few years hes been a baby face he has no direction what so ever. Much better as a heel.
    I want him to go back to his 2007 stage, that was when he was a decent heel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    I want him to go back to his 2007 stage, that was when he was a decent heel
    That was his Legend Killer gimmick wasn't it IIRC?

ReputationRep:
    That was his Legend Killer gimmick wasn't it IIRC?
    Part of it yep. But the whole "legend killer was for years before" He was Legend Killer and as WWE became more "PG" he became the 'Viper' and a terrible face

ReputationRep:
    Part of it yep. But the whole "legend killer was for years before" He was Legend Killer and as WWE became more "PG" he became the 'Viper' and a terrible face
    Yeah actually legend killer must have started around 2004/5? The taming of WWE going PG made it hard for Orton to be as good as a heel as he was.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah actually legend killer must have started around 2004/5? The taming of WWE going PG made it hard for Orton to be as good as a heel as he was.
    Yep, mid 2004, during the Evolution era and when he defeated Benoit at Summerslam,

ReputationRep:
    Yep, mid 2004, during the Evolution era and when he defeated Benoit at Summerslam,
    God those were the days... I remember being so damn pissed off when Orton dropped the title back to Triple H back at Unforgiven. That survivor series ppv that year with Revolution vs Evolution was so good.

ReputationRep:
    God those were the days... I remember being so damn pissed off when Orton dropped the title back to Triple H back at Unforgiven. That survivor series :awesome:ppv that year with Revolution vs Evolution was so good.
    Yep It was Epic

ReputationRep:
    Yep It was Epic
    It was man those were such good days. Just can't get into WWE as much anymore. Although if Paige gets a bigger role...

ReputationRep:
    It was man those were such good days. Just can't get into WWE as much anymore. Although if Paige gets a bigger role...
    Tell me about it. I miss ECW a lot, that was just brilliant, even if it was extremely painful

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it. I miss ECW a lot, that was just brilliant, even if it was extremely painful
    Although i will tune into WrestleMania could be good.

ReputationRep:
    I've failed miserably in trying to find my favourite promo ever, the Rock v Austin one for Wrestlemania 17, I swear it was on Youtube.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.