Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ah07171)
    Pregnancy.....leading to abortion
    One of the partners you though you're having a fling with could be a psychopath
    And the usual STDs and crap
    So could the person you're married to..

You can avoid pregnancy and STIs most of the time if you use protection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    So could the person you're married to..

You can avoid pregnancy and STIs most of the time if you use protection.
    Like I said, to me the risk of it going wrong when you're sleeping around is too great for me to accept sex everywhere, with whoever, and at anytime is great.

ReputationRep:
    Like I said, to me the risk of it going wrong when you're sleeping around is too great for me to accept sex everywhere, with whoever, and at anytime is great.
    The risks of pregnancies and STIs apply equality if in a relationship or not. Your body doesn't decide to contract Herpes or become pregnant on whether the person you fornicated with was a lover or not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    The risks of pregnancies and STIs apply equality if in a relationship or not. Your body doesn't decide to contract Herpes or become pregnant on whether the person you fornicated with was a lover or not...
    No but what happens with the unborn child does.

I would like to think that people are responsible enough that they would have sex when they are willing to raise a child if something goes wrong.

Regarding STIs I guess you are correct with that, but I would say the rate at which it may spread when people are having sex when in a committed relationship would be lower than when people are just sleeping around because they think sex is the same as eating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    It's the most intimate thing two people can do.
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Beat me to it :pierre:
    Intimate in what way though? Emotionally? I doubt it...

I've had more emotionally intimate moments with my girlfriend that brought us closer together than a moment of sex ever would or could.

As for physically intimate, which 'is characterised by:
    romantic or passionate sex and attachment,
    or sexual activity
    '

Then by its' own definition, nothing can be more physically intimate than the act of sex, because it is by definition, the meaning of being physically intimate.

So in that sense, it cannot be comparable to anything else that isn't an act of sex. Thus, I don't think saying that it's the most intimate thing two people can do holds much weight.

If you were to widen the context of physical intimacy by the definition provided, may I ask you what you believe is more physically intimate between a couple:

1) Having sex with the other person
    2) Bathing, cleaning and caring for the other person in hospital because due to an illness they cannot control their bowels and will thus '**** themselves' daily until their surgeon is able to take them to theatre to operate.

Personally, I believe the 2nd scenario displays more physical intimacy than just having sex would.

as long as your both 100% single and your not hurting anybody i dont see the issue

what really really bugs me though is that people who do have casual sex seem to think that anybody who doesnt agree with casual sex like me are frigid and boring. I dont have an issue with people who do have casual sex but at the same time I dont like being called boring or what not because I dont the amount of people youve shagged doesnt make you more experienced in life or any more mature or better than a person who hasnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyMilly)
    as long as your both 100% single and your not hurting anybody i dont see the issue

what really really bugs me though is that people who do have casual sex seem to think that anybody who doesnt agree with casual sex like me are frigid and boring. I dont have an issue with people who do have casual sex but at the same time I dont like being called boring or what not because I dont the amount of people youve shagged doesnt make you more experienced in life or any more mature or better than a person who hasnt
    I agree with this totally... By all means do what you want to do. But bragging about it/constantly bringing it up as a topic that nobody is interested in is very irritating.

It's as equally as pathetic as constantly bragging that you have more bathrooms in your house than somebody else. Nobody cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyMilly)

They will probably say that because you're not as easy as they thought you would be. Well the guys that I hang around would definitely say that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    I agree with this totally... By all means do what you want to do. But bragging about it/constantly bringing it up as a topic that nobody is interested in is very irritating.

It's as equally as pathetic as constantly bragging that you have more bathrooms in your house than somebody else. Nobody cares.
    Would I choose to have sex with a hot girl for one night, or have an extra bathroom in the house?

I think most would choose the second option.

ReputationRep:
    Would I choose to have sex with a hot girl for one night, or have an extra bathroom in the house?

I think everyone would choose the second option.
    It's not en-suite by the way and the toilet mis-flushes 9% of the time, whilst the shower occasionally blasts out freezing cold water for 5 seconds every now and then. Poor plumbing job by Billy Bodgeit Plumbers Ltd. back in 2009. Cash in hand, no VAT, no receipt kinda job...

Just thought I'd inform you of that if it swayed your mind... I know it probably wont but you do need to be aware of the true situation.

ReputationRep:
    Pregnancy.....leading to abortion
    One of the partners you though you're having a fling with could be a psychopath
    And the usual STDs and crap
    You must of missed the part where I mentioned safe sex.

And if you're worried about people being a psycho the whole time how do you ever meet anyone? Let alone have sex with someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzle223)

And if you're worried about people being a psycho the whole time how do you ever meet anyone? Let alone have sex with someone.
    I don't believe in people being 'psycho's' tbh.

At least that's what they often whisper to myself in dark rooms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    It's the most intimate thing two people can do.

The most intimate thing two people can do together is mathematics. Generally because mathematicians are alone. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    Each to their own. Not my business what you do in your bedroom. Or kitchen. Or shower.
    Or store-cupboard....

:ninja:

ReputationRep:

Wasn't just referring to your point, but others who think sex is just like eating lmao. Safe sex still does not cover the part with pregnancy.

How about getting to know people first, forming a relationship with them instead of jumping in bed with them? I'm 24 I hope the younger generations social skills have not devolved into it being just based around sex??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    It's not en-suite by the way and the toilet mis-flushes 9% of the time, whilst the shower occasionally blasts out freezing cold water for 5 seconds every now and then. Poor plumbing job by Billy Bodgeit Plumbers Ltd. back in 2009. Cash in hand, no VAT, no receipt kinda job...

Just thought I'd inform you of that if it swayed your mind... I know it probably wont but you do need to be aware of the true situation.
    Nothing I shouldn't be able to fix. The extra bathroom/toilet in my apartment is too good to turn down for a one night stand!

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you OP. Sex outside of a relationship is not bad, and I would go as far as to say that it's a GOOD and HEALTHY thing for both parties involved and for societies.

I think that if people were more open about sex then less people would feel the need to "lie" or be "players" too. It would just be an act that both parties consent to that is safe and fun.

ReputationRep:
    Relax guys its 2013 leave all those inhibitions behind. People are free to hook up with who they want; even disabled guys and the morbidly obese are doin their thang. Keep the vibe loose yeah, keep it chilled.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't just referring to your point, but others who think sex is just like eating lmao. Safe sex still does not cover the part with pregnancy.

How about getting to know people first, forming a relationship with them instead of jumping in bed with them? I'm 24 I hope the younger generations social skills have not devolved into it being just based around sex??
    How does safe sex not cover pregnancy? If you're safe and sensible you'll use a condom and/or ensure you don't shoot your load inside her.

I do know the people I have sex with. We have a relationship, we're friends.

You're the same generation as me I'm nearly 22.

Love jumping to a random conclusion don't you. You're acting like my only reason for getting to know someone is for sex.

ReputationRep:
    How does safe sex not cover pregnancy? If you're safe and sensible you'll use a condom and/or ensure you don't shoot your load inside her.

I do know the people I have sex with. We have a relationship, we're friends.

You're the same generation as me I'm nearly 22.

Love jumping to a random conclusion don't you. You're acting like my only reason for getting to know someone is for sex.
    Once again I was not referring to your post, I referring to someone earlier who thought having sex is like eating.

Safe sex does not still prevent pregnancies in all cases, I think you should research that.

Final paragraph very defensive, wow, maybe the only reason you get to know the opposite sex is just because you want them in bed.

I've changed a lot since I was 22 by the way.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.