Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you give up 20 years of your expected life ... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Depend on when I was going to die normally. If 100, then yes. If 50, then no. It's all about quality of life.

ReputationRep:
    Yes,

Better to have a shorter, better quality of life than a long drawn out one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arbolus)
    No. At the age of 60 your body is still reasonably fit and healthy anyway. You wouldn't be gaining much by staying young, and you'd have lost 20 years where you could be taking advantage of the perks of retirement.
    Yeah, pretty much this. I'm a fairly healthy person so I'm confident in my ability to make it to 60 without having to compromise on much of what I enjoy right now. Anything after that would just be a bonus, whether that's in the form of mooching around in retirement, grandkids, spending time with a life partner/whatever, I'll gladly take it.

Besides, life expectancy is always increasing, so to take a fixed-term policy on your life right now could be actually cheating yourself out of 40 years!

ReputationRep:
    It depends if I knew when I was going to die, 60 then no, 100 then yes.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone saying yes....you're not gonna like being young forever ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >Untitled<)
    Everyone saying yes....you're not gonna like being young forever ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ask 80 year olds if they want their 20 year old body back, i'm pretty sure they would mostly say yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    Ask 80 year olds if they want their 20 year old body back, i'm pretty sure they would mostly say yes
    When all your friends, family your partner are moving on etc I'm sure you wont appreciate being stuck in a young body

ReputationRep:
    Not a chance.. Those 60 or so years will fly past then when it's nearly time to die, your looks would count for nothing and you would give anything for more time with your loved ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.