Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpharius)
    Fully understand your current emotional state. I've been there.

Just leave and forget. He doesn't deserve your love.

Don't follow your heart in this case, follow your head. Time is the best healer in this case.
    This made me teary because I know I should move on as I deserve better but I don't want to. He was my best friend and my first love. I hate what he has done. I never thought I'd be like this lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wonder-Woman)
    This made me teary because I know I should move on as I deserve better but I don't want to. He was my best friend and my first love. I hate what he has done. I never thought I'd be like this lol
    Sucks, doesn't it?

It was my last relationship. She went out and text me saying it was over. I had to ask her friends what had happened (tl;dr, got with someone else).

Few weeks later tried to call me and sent a text asking for a second chance.

Before all of this I thought everything was going great. That's what deflated me. And dumped via text.

Don't be the doormat my dear.

ReputationRep:
    Sucks, doesn't it?

It was my last relationship. She went out and text me saying it was over. I had to ask her friends what had happened (tl;dr, got with someone else).

Before all of this I thought everything was going great. That's what deflated me. And dumped via text.

Ouch, I feel for you! :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    If the act of cheating is advertent -- i.e. an intentional deception -- I could not tolerate it. To me, mutual trust is one of the most pivotal aspects of a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Im about to embark on a relationship and i really have no idea what i would do in the situation.

All I know is i would never do anything to mess it up.

ReputationRep:
    Sucks, doesn't it?

Oh I'm sorry to hear that It sucks knowing that they were the one person you thought you could trust and rely on. Our love life atm is just lol.

I saw pictures of him and his ex and he told me he met up with her. I then saw her in the library at my Uni and I asked her what was going on and she told me they had been sleeping together. There was quite a bit of drama that day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkangelgirl)
    Im about to embark on a relationship and i really have no idea what i would do in the situation.

The most honest answer.
    (Original post by Wonder-Woman)
    Oh I'm sorry to hear that It sucks knowing that they were the one person you thought you could trust and rely on. Our love life atm is just lol.

I saw pictures of him and his ex and he told me he met up with her. I then saw her in the library at my Uni and I asked her what was going on and she told me they had been sleeping together. There was quite a bit of drama that day.
    Let the ****, hit the fan.

Move on with your life. All the best to you, it gets better with time. Trust me

ReputationRep:
    Why be in a relationship if you want to cheat and be with someone else?
    I think once a cheater, always a cheater. Don't be a fool twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkangelgirl)

I've always thought of myself as quite a strong character and said that I would have a cry and then leave the guy. It's so much harder when it does actually happen.

Yeah same. I think that's how it should be. Relationships deserve your all

ReputationRep:
    The most honest answer.

Let the ****, hit the fan.

Move on with your life. All the best to you, it gets better with time. Trust me
    I always said if someone cheated on me I would never forgive it.

But in reality, Im a fool. One of my ex's used to cheat and lie all the time and every time I convinced myself it would be okay because I didnt want it to be over, even though it obviously was.

I really hope I have learnt my lesson and if it ever happens again i would walk away.

I just find it hard thinking you can spend years with someone, they cheat, then suddenley its all over because of that 1 mistake.

I just dont know how i feel on it all. But if i liked someone then i wouldnt cheat.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    No.

Trust is gone.

No trust, no relationship.
    Pretty much this

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm sorry to hear you are on this situation.
    I know what he has done is wrong and it's easier said than done to let him go. But he knew what he was doing and knew this would break any trust.
    I believe in love, head over heels love. It makes you cling on no matter how much it hurts.
    But one thing my Nana always told me, which you may have seen in another thread, is that if someone wants to walk out of your life so much, then hold the darn door open for them.
    He knew it would break trust, and trust is one of the foundations of a relationship.

I'm no professor when it comes to love, yet I have been the silly girl that lets it get the better of myself and put all of eggs in one basket.

If you want to PM me feel free,
    Big hugs and stay strong.
    X

ReputationRep:
    Don't unless you can truly see it was a mistake a complete drunken kiss or something don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As a guy, 100% absolutely not. No excuse for it, ever.

ReputationRep:
    If they cheated it obviously shows that they don't love you..

If they loved you do you really think they would even think about cheating?

Posted from TSR Mobile e

ReputationRep:
    Surely a person holds a total right to cheat. Why does a person need to follow society's "morals"?

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion society's view should be live and let live. In other words, if a person gets caught fine, but dont go out of your way to make that the situation.

ReputationRep:
    I don't doubt that people have a "right" to cheat, but if/when you do, you shouldn't expect everyone to be OK with that, or for it to be a benefit to you in any way. Sure, you might like to rebel against "society's morals" but others are much happier to conform to them. Ultimately, those morals stem from a group of people's personal values which only become general "morals" because so many people hold the same opinion.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to cheat its up to you.

Casting moral aside, people don't cheat because normally they love their partners and they don't want to hurt them.

ReputationRep:
    I follow society's morals because even less people would like me if I didn't

In all honesty, cheating doesn't appeal to me in any regards when I'm in a relationship I'm content with. If I wasn't at least moderately happy I'd call an end to it before looking at the market once again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.