Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who remembers playing Crash Bandicoot on the PS1 (or whatever console)? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    i racked up 25 lives yesterday and i lost them all in one level.... the bridge level on the second island...

**** you weak planks+hogs :mad:

I remember the first game for just one reason; there's a rat like boss in a suit with a machine gun. Took at least a 100 tries to beat him

ReputationRep:
    Crash bandicoot and another game called fusion frenzy!still have the both on Xbox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallifreyan95)
    Its been far far too long since I played Crash Bandicoot.

I even quite enjoyed the racing version they did ages ago.
    crash team racing, bit like mario cart :pierre: played that a lot too, soo many hours, days, weeks, years, decades, centuries spent on that game too....

another racer i played was crash tag team racing which i quite enjoyed. interesting concept.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplerainn)
    I remember the first game for just one reason; there's a rat like boss in a suit with a machine gun. Took at least a 100 tries to beat him
    thats on the third island i believe,didnt know he was in a boss battle, dont remember... im currently on the third island.

ive been whooping that gun toting rats ass in the previous levels, i assume he wants to get revenge in the boss battle :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    i liked worms, though my first worms game was the first 3d game. as a result, love the 3d, not too much of a fan of the 2d. would be awesome if they made objects more real like. e.g. if you had a wooden tower and you bazooka the bottom, rather than have the tower levitate, let it collapse or tip over (and perhaps cause damage if it landed on top of them)... do the same for buildings if a weak point is struck...
    This is very true. It would have to be a separate game though - it would be an amazing game, but there's also something beautiful about the simplicity of the old Worms games; everything was about precision

Worms has huge potential if it wanted to release something new. It's great as a party kinda game, like Wii games are; short, snappy games with multiple teams/players taking just a few seconds between drinks. So maybe some like a Kinect/Wii version would work too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    I loved it! My cousin and I didn't have a memory card so we had to keep playing until we finished it. Was raging when my mum tried to make me go home!
    This brought back so much memories. I remember we never had a memory card in our house as we couldn't afford it (yes, I sound really poor lol) and any games we tried to play, we had to attempt to complete it in one go. It would often take a whole day (from morning to night) to complete the game and I'd set aside the time to complete it. Sometimes someone would 'accidentally' press the deadly eject button or my mum would switch it off and me and my brother would get really pissed. To this day, I still don't have that grey memory card lol.

ReputationRep:
    XD yeah i had a crash bandicoot on xbox. dont know which one though. i do remember literally playing on it all the time. i used a cheat which let you unlock all levels, too. nothing i hate more than getting stuck on a level and not being able to progress! ended up skipping that level then coming back to it last.
    my first xbox game was halo, though, when i was 12. i have really vague memories of sonic the hedgehog on some sort of console (i presume nintendo) when i was like 4/5.
    fave is definitely PC! been playing fps on them since i was 6 <3

ReputationRep:
    its too bad i cant take screenshots/record scenes from the game, after a boss battle, crashs expression is just priceless...

YYEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAA

ReputationRep:
    I never had crash 1, but had crash 2, and played crash 3 a little. Now I'm a grown up, I have acquired both a ps1 and crash 2 and 3. Crash 2 has a decent length cutscene (and mini level) at the start, and I'm pretty sure from what I know of it, crash 1 should too (but I can't verify this from personal experience).
    Cracking games.

ReputationRep:
    who doesnt

ReputationRep:
    Crash Team Racing is my favourite PlayStation game of all time.

ReputationRep:
    yeah I remember playing that one and also Gex, way way back in the 90's or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I remember playing the Crash games loads in the late 1990s, when my main games console was a PS1. It's been over a decade since I last played a Crash game, though...

ReputationRep:
    I miss Crash, but I suppose he wouldn't fit in with the current gen's obsession with shooters, I like them but it'd be nice to see some good 3D platformers made again, outside Mario I can't think of any.
    Anyway in answer to your question I don't think AkuAku ever had an origin story, I don't think he even spoke until the 3rd game. UkaUka gets released by Cortex at the start of the third game after Crash destroys his space station with the laser cannon N.Brio builds for you, that might be what you're thinking of. (I have no idea why I remember all this...)

ReputationRep:
    Oh, there's also a relatively long cutscene at the start of crash bash.

ReputationRep:
    MEEEEEEEEEE It was my first game on PS1. I love the bit when bandicoot wears the vodoo mask and the drums music comes in the background. Those were the days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhAKTBfWKYQ

ReputationRep:
    Wrath of Cortex was the first game I got on a PS console (my PS2). I loved it, but others whod played on Play Station Ones thought it was awful.

I miss my PS1, those were the days :/

ReputationRep:
    I was quite young when I played it and I always had to get my dad to do the difficult parts. We never finished the game though, so I have no idea

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't actually born when Crash Bandicoot first came out and I never have gotten around to playing it
    But there is Crash Bandicoot remastered coming out this year for the PS4 and I really, REALLY want to get that

ReputationRep:
    Played all the Crash Bandicoot games. All great games, personally I loved the third one the best. Crash Team Racing though was also really fun.

Can't wait for the remastered trilogy!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.