Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys do 6 hours of SOLID work a day? As in, no distractions in between?

I sit down for around 6 hours but only get about 3 hours worth of work done..too many distractions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calm down)
    But UNIs do
    uni is a scam

(Original post by weirdnessandcoffee)
    It's for A-levels, just for the Easter holidays. Sometimes I stretch it to 8, is it too much? Too little?

6 exams, all in May
    HOW do you manage that?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure you take regular breaks to unwind and get away from revision for a while, give your brain a rest for a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weirdnessandcoffee)
    It's for A-levels, just for the Easter holidays. Sometimes I stretch it to 8, is it too much? Too little?

6 exams, all in May
    What subjects are you taking?!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good. Like one of the previous posters said, I wish I had your work ethic too. It's good that I wake up pretty early (7.30 during holidays o.O) because today I did an amazing 2 and a half hours from 8 till 10.30. Then I had visitors and I got distracted so I left it for the day. Plus I'm halfway through (the first half of) season 5 of Breaking Bad and right now that's my priority :P. I do plan on doing more, especially next week.

ReputationRep:
    I feel bad now, I'm only doing 3 hours a day. Is this too little? I have 5 exams

ReputationRep:
    Literally every time I sit down to do something I get distracted in minutes!! its so annoying cause I feel I might as well waste my time doing something more productive :P I find changing subjects in revision bad because once I start I need to finish...the problem is, I can't start!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy511)
    I feel bad now, I'm only doing 3 hours a day. Is this too little? I have 5 exams
    Slowly start to increase it. So push yourself 30 min extra everyday. and its not bad. Not better than doing nothing but you should try to increase it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)
    Tell me about it. I've wasted a large portion of today doing absolutely nothing.
    You didn't waste time, your poem is absolutely second to none, brimming with class

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cremeeggaddict)
    You didn't waste time, your poem is absolutely second to none, brimming with class

What can I say, it's something I felt I had to share!

I actually revised today though which is great. Hopefully going to spend some time on here then go back to revising again!

ReputationRep:
    i dont think its about how much time you spend revising, its about who efficiently you revise!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ce303ce303)
    i dont think its about how much time you spend revising, its about who efficiently you revise!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    100% agree.
    There is no point to race through the book and not understanding a bit of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)

What can I say, it's something I felt I had to share!

I actually revised today though which is great. Hopefully going to spend some time on here then go back to revising again!
    Forget school, you could easily write chart toppers :')

ReputationRep:
    Im currently doing 8 hours a day from 9.30 to 6.30 with breaks in between, but i feel its not enough? "/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cremeeggaddict)
    Forget school, you could easily write chart toppers :')
    I'm considering doing just that. My album which is due to come out in 2019 (with a few thousand tracks) may perhaps be the best album of all time.

I've got tracks on it such as 'struggles of the hood', 'hardships of the hood' and 'school in the hood' which all show a side to the hood. I also forgot to mention 'hood life' which is pretty dope.

Yeah.. that's about it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing 4-5 hours a day. I've got an Ethics then Philosophy exam in the same sitting, an English Language one and an English Lit one. Considering i have another month and a bit until i do them, 4-5 hours is enough for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy511)
    nope im doing 2 hours on seven exams, I am doing 6 hours both Mon and Tues next week tho on a 2 day revision course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    HOW do you manage that?! :eek:
    All hail the queen!

(Original post by Danzpk)
    I usually go for 25 hours a day, but sometimes I can slip to 18-20
    Lol applause for the 1st troll

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.