Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In the boot I have shopping bags, a picnic blanket, waterproof coat, torch, CDs, car hoover, 3d glasses for the cinema (otherwise I forget them and have to buy more!), a pair of shoes quite often coz I drive 50 miles to uni so I sometimes change them when I get there!

Inside I have satnav and iPod cables, sweets, de icer, scraper, wet wipes, small stuffed elephant, cushion on the back seat, bin full of wrappers and tickets, lip balm. Usually have another coat on the backseat and a bottle of water.

Never leave my satnav or CD player in there though

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Nice thread, i want to join in.

Toolkit under the seat.
    Tiny can of oil chain.
    I used to have a small can of tyreweld in there but don't atm.
    One piece waterproofs in the topbox.
    Bike lock in the topbox as well.

ReputationRep:
    Ice scraper
    De-icer
    Three pairs of sunglasses (none of them are mine)
    A couple of tea towels
    Two sleeping bags (don't know whose they are or where they're from, so they reside in the boot)
    I think there's a jar of paprika in the boot that keeps rolling around

I share with my brother, but he's at uni most of the time, so it's mine at the moment. Most of the stuff is items he's left there (although he has no idea where the sleeping bags are from either :lol: )

ReputationRep:
    Nothing really, a coat, CDs, pair of shoes, some coppers and a hairbrush.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    My boot is already pretty full with the stuff I have in mine:

Ice scraper
    Car cleaning stuff
    Emergency kit (first aid, warning triangle, blanket, stuff like that)
    Screen wash
    Engine coolant
    Torch

ReputationRep:
    To tell you the true, not much!
    Being a locksmiths' daughter you hear horror stories on how easy it is to break into a car.
    Just check out this video on Youtube - a guy can actually open a car with a potato.
    So I keep there only something I don't mind loosing - old picnic blanket, pretty old sunglasses, gas recites I forgot to throw away...

ReputationRep:
    De Icer & scraper
    Chocolate (I'm diabetic so need to keep an emergency stash)
    Bottled water
    CDs
    Pair of Converse

That's it... doesn't seem a lot haha.

ReputationRep:
    I just keep the usual stuff in there, like my de-ice spray stuff, my ice scraper, my sat nav, a few CD's etc

ReputationRep:
    Not much in my car:

Tub of Vaseline
    Pack of condoms
    And a couple of coins

ReputationRep:
    CDs
    FM transmitter thing for my phone
    AutoGlym Fast Glass + microfibre cloth in the first aid box (don't know where the kit went...)
    Haynes manual
    Shovel in the boot (for snow)
    Sleeping bag
    High visibility jacket
    Spare oil, coolant, screenwash, and two big bottles of water
    Big towel in the boot
    Small tool kit

To be honest most of this was in preparation for winter (I live in deepest darkest Highlands) but it does seem like a good idea to keep it in the car at all times.

ReputationRep:
    Hardly anything compared to most people here...

Plastic bags (for shopping)
    Piece of paper
    2 pens
    Tissues
    Ice scraper
    and a 1p coin

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=amyshamblesxx;42082485]De Icer & scraper
    QUOTE]

What type are you?... just saying because chocolate isn't exactly good hypo treatment :P (If you are type 1 like me ), you should have something along with chocolate like fruit juice cartons as quick acting incase you have a hypo and long acting (chocolate) to sustain you :P

ReputationRep:
    Well seeing as I share a car with my parents, they don't want me putting stuff in there as they have to use it too. However this rule only applies to me and not to them. So I find:
    - My dads bright pink umbrella in there
    - A random hippy carpet which is a makeshift duvet that my dad says should be in there in case it is a freezing day or someone is in an accident and has to wait in the cold for a long time
    - £20 in case of an emergency
    - 1 CD of mine which is always left in the car but never playing unless I am in it (no one knows it is there)
    - A wire for my ipod (however I take my ipod out as i get out of the car as i use it not just in the car)
    - A water bottle
    - All the boring but important stuff.... de-icer, scraper, probably a pen and maybe paper in there somewhere

ReputationRep:
    De-icer
    Scraper
    Some change
    CD
    Pen
    Hoodie
    Umbrella
    Spare bulbs
    Lighter
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I have a small bag with everything I need in. I have no idea what it contains, but it has spare tablets, deodorant, toothbrush, tissues, a spoon, some money, and lots of other things.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Type 1;42120067]
    (Original post by amyshamblesxx)
    De Icer & scraper
    QUOTE]

What type are you?... just saying because chocolate isn't exactly good hypo treatment :P (If you are type 1 like me ), you should have something along with chocolate like fruit juice cartons as quick acting incase you have a hypo and long acting (chocolate) to sustain you :P
    I'm Type 1 too! Chocolate has always worked perfectly well for me, and I don't drink fruit juice.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=amyshamblesxx;42121308]
    (Original post by Type 1)

I'm Type 1 too! Chocolate has always worked perfectly well for me, and I don't drink fruit juice.
    Ahh thats good ... i've always found choclate always takes too long to raise my blood sugar, might just be me though ... mind you... always a good excuse to eat some

ReputationRep:
    Wow I'm so unprepared compared to you lot! All I have in my car is:
    CD's
    Driving instructions to a few locations (I have a satnav, but that's not left in my car)
    Ice scraper
    De-icer spray
    Cloth wipes/kitchen roll
    Sunglasses
    Aux lead
    Cushions on the backseat - I like my passengers to be comfortable
    2 emergency cans of coke (I'm diabetic)

ReputationRep:
    God, if I had a car it'd be spotless. How can you all carry so much junk?

More to the point the weight adds up so you end up lowering your MPG as well. Adds up over the year.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing what everyone else has makes me think i should get some more useful stuff in my car haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.