Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I always dye my hair a semi permanent colour, that way if the colour doesn't turn out right it will fade!! Also it doesn't kill your hair as much :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I dye my hair dark brown about every couple of months, simply because I don't like my natural hair colour, it's a bit too light for my liking.

ReputationRep:
    I started dyeing my hair when I was 16. I have to do it now to hide the grey hairs I have coming in.

ReputationRep:
    I love the ombree look... I might be going for something this real soon :ninjagirl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  Salon-Vim-Chemistry-Cocktail-Hair-Treatment_10.1.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  109.6 KB
    Yay or Nay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    I love the ombree look... I might be going for something this real soon :ninjagirl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  Salon-Vim-Chemistry-Cocktail-Hair-Treatment_10.1.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  109.6 KB
    Yay or Nay?
    If it suits you I think it would look good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANB1993)
    If it suits you I think it would look good!
    I don't know, been contemplating on the whole, normal blacks and browns... but I'm young and you can do whatever now with your hair ... but you need confidence to pull off something like this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    I don't know, been contemplating on the whole, normal blacks and browns... but I'm young and you can do whatever now with your hair ... but you need confidence to pull off something like this...
    Haha I say just go for it! Can always dye it again if it goes wrong!

ReputationRep:
    I have dip dyed hair and I find that a pain in the backside to maintain, I don't mind my natural hair colour (brunette, with the tendency to go a bit ginger in the summer) but I've thought about going a bit darker.

My mum's been dying her hair for years and as a result her scalp has become really sensitive and she can now only use henna dyes, it's kind of put me off dying my hair a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Would not do that. Like the natural color of my hair.

ReputationRep:
    I love it so much

Been various shades of blonde and brunette, black, red, ginger, etc... now purple haha.

ReputationRep:
    I always think when I dye my hair it makes it more shiny and healthier in a weird way! But I've tried to not dye my hair so much mostly because some dyes come out soooo dark but also because I find it such a hassle dying it all the time. So I've stopped but I just brought a dye a natural dark brown! mmmmm still not sure if I'll dye it or not.

ReputationRep:
    I dye mine darker because I hate my natural colour. I just use semi-permanent and dye it every couple of months. The colour just gradually fades rather than having to worry about my roots showing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANB1993)
    Does dying your hair cause a lot of damage? I am currently dirty blonde but not fussed on it so thinking of going brown! Just fancy the change but do not want to do too much damage!
    Usually bleaching (lightening) your hair damages it because it strips the moisture and damages the structure. I've been dyeing my hair red and purple for the past three years which had been fine because it add colour ontop. Just make sure you get a regular trim, condition the tips as often as you can and use heat protection spray when styling. :-) but sometimes hair strength and its take up of dye can be genetic, might be worth researching that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My hair colour's red at the bottom (dip dyed) but obviously the colour's faded since I got it done, and now it's turned into a more reddy/brown almost ginger colour.

I've heard colour spray can be used. Which is cheap, and where can I buy it from, that will maintain/boost the colour so it enhances the colour it was when I first got it dyed?

ReputationRep:
    I've never dyed my hair, purely because I'll probably get it all down my face or something stupid like that.

ReputationRep:
    I've wanted to dye mine ginger for years, but I have dark brown hair and apparently if I bleach it it will ruin my scalp and my hair will fall out...grrrr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Care-Free)
    so.much.upkeep.

eccentric colours are a pain in the ass, going lighter is a pain in the ass. anything other than black is a pain in the ass. mine's red and just having a shower looks like a murder scene
    Don't say that. Red looks beautiful on you.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    I dye mine to try to draw attention away from other parts of me that I'm insecure about.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a dying virgin! My hair's always been natural, but I'm fancying getting it dip-dyed blonde. It's naturally a dark blonde. however, I'd avoid dying it regularly because once you dye the whole head you have to touch up roots (supposedly every six weeks), and the more you dye it the more damaged your hair will be. Whenever I see people with obviously dyed hair that looks really damaged, or if they straighten it too often or something, I always feel sorry for their hair!

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy dying my hair, its a bit of self-expression. Plus my natural colour is a dark mouse brown- no thank you! I dye mine a red or purple colour and let it fade out to auburn (cause I'm lazy). I find having a fringe hides my roots but you could see them before I had one put in. If you look after your hair and don't use too much heat on it then you shouldn't get too much damage unless you're bleaching it. Though if you want to keep red hair in for longer you have to face cold showers

Am currently facing the dilemma of whether to go ginger-y or purpley next- my prom dress is blue with cherry blossoms on so am a bit worried about my hair clashing with my dress

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.