Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by advice_guru)
    Used 11 inch macbook air
    You should change your username. This post has just proved the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Gai)
    You should change your username. This post has just proved the opposite.
    It's a great laptop, sure you won't get the latest and greatest
    one but if you get one a few years old (and most likely used) you could get it for that price.

ReputationRep:
    It's a great laptop, sure you won't get the latest and greatest
    one but if you get one a few years old (and most likely used) you could get it for that price.
    I respectfully disagree.

I think Gofre's suggestion which has been backed up by Iqbal and now myself would be the best choice for that price.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/ASUS_...d_1337331.html

Much better than the Toshiba laptops posted and well worth the price. You can't get a Macbook air this price. And besides, the OP wants a disc drive built into the laptop so the Macbook would be pointless.

ReputationRep:
    I respectfully disagree.

I think Gofre's suggestion which has been backed up by Iqbal and now myself would be the best choice for that price.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/ASUS_...d_1337331.html

Much better than the Toshiba laptops posted and well worth the price. You can't get a Macbook air this price. And besides, the OP wants a disc drive built into the laptop so the Macbook would be pointless.
    Looks nice bar the HDD, those things need to be wiped from this earth. SSD ftw lol.

ReputationRep:
    Looks nice bar the HDD, those things need to be wiped from this earth. SSD ftw lol.
    SSD's cost $$$$ and tbh you won't really find them at that price point. Maybe on an ultrabook but they don't have DVD drives so..... tbh for the usage described by the OP i think this laptop will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Im already saving for a 13" macbook air!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    SSD's cost $$$$ and tbh you won't really find them at that price point. Maybe on an ultrabook but they don't have DVD drives so..... tbh for the usage described by the OP i think this laptop will be fine.
    A MacBook Air is a bit overpriced and not so essential for OP. Although the Asus laptop is good, by the sounds of it she wants to get it from a retail store rather than order online.

ReputationRep:
    But its pretty?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.