Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

KFC has new fries (now with poll) Watch

• View Poll Results: Old fries or new fries: Which are better?
    Old <--
    71.43%
    New
    28.57%

ReputationRep:
    KFC fries are disgusting they are just too thick and tasteless

ReputationRep:
    How have they changed? Haven't been there for a while

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    The old ones were second best next to McDonalds. On occasion: better. Went well with the chicken and gravy.

The new ones are like the cheap frozen fries you get in white bags in ASDA, or the fries you get with children's meals in Morrisons cafe.

They taste of fryer oil, cheapness, potatolessness, and faeces.

They are crap and I am ****ing outraged. Just saying.
    A rarity; someone who appreciated kfc (old) fries

ReputationRep:
    KFC serve the ****test fries of the big three... I mean having to salt them yourself? ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    Really? I thought the old fries were absolutely disgusting, the new ones are far nicer.

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to KFC for the fries you should not be allowed to step foot inside of KFC again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    KFC serve the ****test fries of the big three... I mean having to salt them yourself? ridiculous

My thoughts exactly! My best friend loves them without salt. They are foul >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow.panda)
    I noticed this when I had a KFC the other day, it was annoying because I really liked the old fries. The new ones are really similar to McDonald's fries which aren't that good.

ReputationRep:
    Ye alot thinner, they are still a lot better quality and erect to mcdonald's flaccid ones

ReputationRep:
    Haha, i thought they had changed when I last went but I don't go that often so I wasn't sure.

Meh, they are just chips.. unhealthy and pretty meh anyway you look at it. Haha

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's their way of tackling obesity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holmes221)
    Ye alot thinner, they are still a lot better quality and erect to mcdonald's flaccid ones
    I think you misread the title, we are talking about chips you naughty person! Do you think McDonald's don't feel bad about their erectile dysfunction? This is just plain cruel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    KFC had the worst chips.

ReputationRep:
    USA Fried Chicken in Loughborough. The best chips I ever did have.

ReputationRep:
    Good, old KFC fries were disgusting, don't understand how a they could get something as simple as a chip so badly wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I had KFC today and that's exactly what I said! Tasted yuck! But the chicken still tasted amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    On a side note: Did anyone else not realise that KFC made gravy until watching south park?
    I knew from when my nanna bought me and my cousin a bucket to share when we stayed at her's once and we got sides. Though on a related note I now work for KFC and when my manager told me they were changing the fries to be "thinner and crispier like McDonald's fries" I instantly thought of this:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    The old ones were second best next to McDonalds. On occasion: better. Went well with the chicken and gravy.

The new ones are like the cheap frozen fries you get in white bags in ASDA, or the fries you get with children's meals in Morrisons cafe.

They taste of fryer oil, cheapness, potatolessness, and faeces.

They are crap and I am ****ing outraged. Just saying.
    Yeah they're really thin! I've had the new chips twice. The first was reealllly nice, but the second time was horrible. So i haven't made my mind up yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well at least they didn't change the chicken! Be happy people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    I've never really been a fan of KFC chips, but I've only had them a few times.

Maybe I'm just a salt addict but it seems like everywhere's stopped using salt except Mcdonalds and chips just don't taste as good without it. I know you can put it on but it still doesn't taste the same

On a side note: Did anyone else not realise that KFC made gravy until watching south park?
    My God, you're so right about salt. I'm certain I eat more from having to put it on things myself. White friggin' gold as far as I'm concerned, it's the only thing that makes most foods palatable!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.