Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sms1995)
    I would say Leeds was better than both Sheffield and Manchester in rankings and atmosphere as Leeds is a campus still. Leeds is still a really good uni , sorry to put you off and if you're unhappy at Nottingham it's probably best you do move to a different one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi are you sure that Leeds is better than both Sheffield and Manchester? Because I really love the course content in Leeds but I keep hearing that Manchester has the best career service in the country and good ranking/rep over all, which makes me leaning towards Manchester....but I am still deciding.... Do you have any supporting evidence that Leeds is the best out of these three unis please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theresis)
    Hi are you sure that Leeds is better than both Sheffield and Manchester? Because I really love the course content in Leeds but I keep hearing that Manchester has the best career service in the country and good ranking/rep over all, which makes me leaning towards Manchester....but I am still deciding.... Do you have any supporting evidence that Leeds is the best out of these three unis please?
    This? http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...gement+Studies
    (usual disclaimers about the fallability of league tables etc.)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was just going to say the same thing that leeds was better in the league tables. I am seriously not like an expert or anything on these unis I only looked at the league table and went to visit them when I was deciding so it was just personal opinion as well really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi where have you heard about Manchester's career service? And do you have any links that I could have a look at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asheeers)
    Durham business school has a really bad rep. Best out of them is Nottingham for uni rep, all solid unis. Depends on what you like really, notts campus is amazing, newcastle and leeds have great nightlife, manchester is full of internationals and a lot to do but their business school isn't as strong as notts in my opinion.

Other good schools are Bath, Warwick e.t.c good luck
    Where did you get this? Manchester Business school is one of the best in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klover)
    Where did you get this? Manchester Business school is one of the best in the world.
    Where are you getting this information from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klover)
    Judging by the league tables it's definitely not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey sorry I don't have any links, I've only read a few articles and talked to a few recruiters,.Manchester actually has a very good rep, and I think we should really check out the international league table, I don't know how does UK's league table operate, but they showed something like leeds is better than Oxbridge and Nottingham business school is better than LBS, that is just not so reasonable. I think we should consider their faculty power, course content, employment prospect, rep in industry and the such,. Anyways, that's my opinion, please correct me if some words arent reasonable

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good business schools are : Oxbridge, Warwick, cranfield, Durham, Manchester, Strathclyde, Lancaster, you said not in London city, I can think of these above

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As the guy mentioned above, top business schools are:

1. Oxford (as far as I am aware, Cambridge does not have a business school.)
    2. Warwick (Almost neck to neck with Oxford in my opinion when it comes down to employment.)
    3. Manchester, Cass, Cranfield, and possibly Nottingham although I am not sure on this.

I suggest for people looking for Business Schools, to not look just into league tables and have a research.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2278085 see this

ReputationRep:
    Please describe why durham has a bad reputation
    (Original post by Asheeers)
    Durham business school has a really bad rep. Best out of them is Nottingham for uni rep, all solid unis. Depends on what you like really, notts campus is amazing, newcastle and leeds have great nightlife, manchester is full of internationals and a lot to do but their business school isn't as strong as notts in my opinion.

Other good schools are Bath, Warwick e.t.c good luck

ReputationRep:
    I have conditional offers from Leeds , Lancaster (WITH 5,500 scholarship ) and manchester for msc management . Can sum1 tell me which is better in terms of student life , teaching , career ? I really need help !

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.