Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulbasaur)
    I feel like giving a big hug to everyone on this thread, especially you OP :hugs:
    Thank you That actually made me smile.

ReputationRep:
    As I was reading your beautiful yet heart breaking post, I realised how similar it was with my dad. Like scarily identical type of experience.

My dad passed away on the 22nd of November 2011 - November is a horrible month!
    He had always been a drinker, but when my Grandad (his dad) died in Jan 2011, he got so much worse. It was all very sudden though, in October I saw him and he was yellow. We knew sometime was very wrong and took him to hospital. It was 3 weeks later he passed away. We were only told the day before that he was terminal, the rest of the time they were making plans for him to go home!

At 4am, the day before, we were called in to say he was deteriorating. Then the morning of the day we came back in and he had become unconscious. I sat with him and held his hand for a while, but knew I didn't want to see his last breath - I wanted to remember him alive. So I sat and told him how thankful I was for him and how much I loved him, would always remember and hopefully someday see him again.

We got the call a few hours later. It was horrible, but I knew he was in peace and would feel no more pain.

If anyone ever needs to talk, I will always try and help

ReputationRep:
    Ive gone and still am going through what you've been through babe. Ill pm you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.