Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by LepreJohn)
    Hi guys I know this isn't the usual thread however I want to gain a bit of weight and also maybe muscle, I'm about 5'5" and I weigh 8.5 stone or around 54kg. I was just wondering off some good methods on bulking up. I've been going to the gym but I've not gained or lost any weight I most likely don't do enough at the gym or even eat enough to bulk up.

Just wondering if anyone on here knows some good methods to indeed me to put on a bit of muscle.
    A couple of pretty simple things you can do:
    1) track what you eat on MyFitnessPal or something similar
    2) start to track your lifting
    3) learn some basic program design

At it's simplest level for you, a full body workout 3x/week will help you. Look up the Greyskull Barbell Linear Progression program. The starting strength wiki will also give you some details on how to perform the excercises.

One important thing to remember about this style of programming: make sure you do your presses/rows/curls/chins. You WANT upper body volume to grow and become more aesthetic.
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.