Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have really dry hands watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    This neverending winter has wreaked havoc with my skin too There's no real solution except to just moisturise whenever your skin gets dry. It's probably a bit weirder for boys to just whip out hand creams and start moisturising in public... but just do it every time before you go outdoors, or when no-one's looking

ReputationRep:
    You should put them on when they are warm before they get cold. Do you suffer with cold feet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CRIKEY12)
    You should put them on when they are warm before they get cold. Do you suffer with cold feet?
    Not as far as I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dendodge)
    I guess the title says it all. My hands get really dry all the time (especially after they've been washed or I've had a bath).

I know it's hardly a big issue, but I don't like it. The knuckles go all nasty and cracked and flaky, and it's really itchy and slightly sore. The rest of my hands are pretty normal, and it's only been happening for a few weeks.

I've been moisturising, but it doesn't help much and I don't want to do it too much because I heard it can make things worse.

Is it just the cold weather, or am I doing something wrong? And how do I stop it?
    Buy a good moisturiser like Johnson's 24Hour Bodycare
    It has a really soft feel to it and absorbs straight into your skin and the drop of oil in it makes it smell and feel lovely
    I work with food so hand washing is a must so I feel your pain with the dryness
    Don't worry about it making things worse by using it
    If your skin is dry it can't make it worse only better through moisturising.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.