What if chickens goes extinct? Watch

ReputationRep:
    RIP Nandos. And chickens.

ReputationRep:
    It's become not goes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    Or just go vegan. Not that big a deal.

Why would the chicken become extinct, though? It's unlikely to say the last, particularly as it's not a wild animal....
    If chickens become extinct why would you turn vegan? Just eat beef or fish or some other meat. Chicken isn't the only meat around.

ReputationRep:
    If chickens go extinct...The feels.:emo:

But of course that will never happen, atleast I hope.:K:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BuddingAchiever)
    It's become not goes...
    Please tell me this is an autocorrect error :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krazie.x)
    Wait i know it's highly unlikely for chickens to go extinct but are u implying that humans produce chickens 😖😆, we merely breed them ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Obviously I'm not saying we give birth to/make chickens but(in this situation) they are a product to be sold. We increase production by making them breed more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaceMindu)
    Obviously I'm not saying we give birth to/make chickens
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    People would just switch to another form of poultry...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    If chickens become extinct why would you turn vegan? Just eat beef or fish or some other meat. Chicken isn't the only meat around.
    Yes, I know a person doesn't need to go vegan.

Though I wasn't thinking about meat (if I was, then I'd have said vegetarian and not vegan). I was thinking about eggs.

ReputationRep:
    If chickens become extinct then we have no meaning of life anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krazie.x)
    Well as you all know, most people eat chicken everyday in various forms eg burgers, dippers , wings etc you get the point.
    Also we use chicken eggs for so many things and unless u wanna use turkey eggs for ur cakes lol then you owe chickens a lot of respect haha
    I must be sounding crazy now so I ll just stop anyway give your opinions, if chickens goes extinct we all would be f*****

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well we breed thousands of them. They're practically factory manufactured, and we treat them like mass produced objects, so it's not going to happen any day soon. They aren't wild and endangered at all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm already vegetarian so the whole "meat" thing doesn't affect me that much. However, my mum does own chickens and she eats the eggs and I sometimes use them for baking.

They chances of chickens becoming extinct is one of the most unlikely things ever, especially since there are more chickens than humans on earth, unless some bubonic plague for chickens spreads around and they all die.

ReputationRep:
    I will eat TURKEY.

ReputationRep:
    No worries for me, I'm allergic to it.

ReputationRep:
    Chickens go extinct I die.

ReputationRep:
    the economy would take a big hit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)

Why would the chicken become extinct, though? It's unlikely to say the last, particularly as it's not a wild animal....
    Because it crossed the road!

Nah that was crap.

ReputationRep:
    There are significantly more chickens than humans in the world, so I don't think this is something anyone should be worrying about...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    The reasons we still have chickens is because we keep breeding them. We keep breeding them because they're profitable. So long as people like wings (and people aren't bothered by animal abuse in the name of said wings) they'll stay profitable, ergo you have nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    I've seriously got to stop reading food related threads. I bet you work for KFC...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.