Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IIjackII)
    And I'm another Geologist!

Geology MSci
    A*AA

Loved the department, the course looks great. The departments record is great.

Had to choose between Imperial and Oxford which was hard but in the end the course content and free field trips won me over.

The handwritten note was also a great touch.

See you all in October!!
    Geology and Geophysics MSci

Finally firmed. I had to choose between Imperial and Oxford as well! Hardest decision ever!

Imperial had to win,

Really loved the staff.
    Potential to go abroad.
    Location / living in London!
    Seemed more modern and forward thinking.
    Bigger focus on industry links.
    Scholarships and free field work ( Rio Tinto etc.)
    Gym. Hyde park.
    Same offer as Oxford , but a little bit of wiggle room suggested in the offer letter.
    Reputation.

Loads of reasons!
    Hopefully see you all soon!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Imperial for Maths!

Reasons are it's one of the best unis in the greatest city of the world! Plus I love its focus on sciences, the big union and South Kensington!

ReputationRep:
    hey guys I firmed Imperial for Meng Civil
    my doubt is is Imperial worth the 100k (overseas)tution fee dept
    will I be able to earn it after I graduate in a short time

ReputationRep:
    Congrats y'all for firming THE place to study in London! Hopefully you're all not dead from revision yet (there's plenty of time to die from work once you get here. Ask me how I know. :P)

If you guys haven't found it yet, the Union's official FB group for the 2013 freshers is here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/impe...efreshers2013/

We'll see you on there in due course. In the meantime, work hard for your offers but don't forget to play hard after!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Imperial for A*A*D2 for Biomedical engineering.

I chose Imperial because of the Impressive gyms they have along with their rigorous and reputable courses

ReputationRep:
    OHAI THERE! Yet another earth scientist here, MSci Geophysics, A*AA
    Has anyone had the email about the BlueTree Scholarship? Just sent off my application form - nervy wait for a reply now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophusss)
    OHAI THERE! Yet another earth scientist here, MSci Geophysics, A*AA
    Has anyone had the email about the BlueTree Scholarship? Just sent off my application form - nervy wait for a reply now!
    Hi
    Yeah. I've just sent my application now. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry here

ReputationRep:
    Zoology here, offer of A*AA. Firmed Imperial because I always wanted to go to a science-focused uni, and Imperial's one of the best there is.

ReputationRep:
    Chemical Engineering, got an A*A*AAA offer. Hope unit 5 Chemistry goes well, that's the only thing which could mess things up. I chose Imperial because of the fantastic course and facilities, as well as the location.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopefully a Mechanical Engineering student at Imperial in a few months time!
    A*AAA
    I wanted to go to Imperial the minute I started looking at different engineering uni's a few years back. I was in awe when I visited as well, the university just looks fantastic.
    Just got to ace this final set of exams now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yon2k12)
    Chemical Engineering, got an A*A*AAA offer. Hope unit 5 Chemistry goes well, that's the only thing which could mess things up. I chose Imperial because of the fantastic course and facilities, as well as the location.
    are you doing AQA or OCR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLVDon)
    are you doing AQA or OCR?
    Edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yon2k12)
    Edexcel.

haha wrong on both accounts there. good luck with it! i'm doing AQA's Unit 5 and it's pretty horrendous, but not sure if it's equally horrendous as Edexcel. I could never do their exams very well!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed A*A*A Civil Engineering
    Reasons : Students and teachers are nice. It is a top university in the world. I like London and the name of Imperial. It is just gorgeous! The course is good! Really looking forward to my uni life =)

ReputationRep:
    Firmed: AAA Chemistry.
    Love everything about ICL; the course, the location, the staff and the students.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLVDon)
    haha wrong on both accounts there. good luck with it! i'm doing AQA's Unit 5 and it's pretty horrendous, but not sure if it's equally horrendous as Edexcel. I could never do their exams very well!

AQA Chem5 was such a beast last year. Killed everyone off lol, but good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Physics. A*AAA offer
    Firmed Imperial over the others mainly because it's got such a good academic reputation and is situated in such an awesome location (London FTW!)

ReputationRep:
    Geophysics A*A*A i also got the hand written bit on the end of my letter

ReputationRep:
    Firmed A*A*AA Aero Eng
    Reasons : Why wouldn't I firm the best place in the world? I love the location, the staff and students seem lovely and the course is the best of its kind. Did I mention the location?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.