Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dejah Thoris)

I keep it real.
    what do you mean by 'real.'?

ReputationRep:
    You need to give more details bro.

btw asking a girl out over facebook/text messages will pretty much never work. You can get laid but you won't get a date/gf from it.

In the future, get her number. Get text conversations happening on a regular basis (DO NOT BE NEEDY) she needs to be able to actually relate to you/think about you before she can even start to have feelings for you. A good thing to do is to text her before she goes to bed and be a lil cheeky (not creepy be cheeky.)

Another good tip is TO PHONE THEM. Don't always rely on texts, call her randomly and trust me one of her first sentences will be "why are you calling me" and always ALWAYS respond with "Oh I just want to be more personal with you atm" or something like that.

You need to stand out from the other guys don't EVER look at what other guys are doing and copy it. Instead look at what other guys are doing and try to invent new/exciting things to get her to

A) smile
    B) think about you
    C) SURPRISE HER

Another thing is BE A ****ING MAN! Don't ever use sentences like "maybe we should go out sometime" or "maybe we should go see this movie" its all wishywashy bull****. Be a man and state a time and day, if she's busy she'll tell you, if she's not interested she will tell you, if she's interested she confirms she'll be there. Easy, so much time is saved by doing this and it helps with rejection majorly as most of your feelings haven't risen yet.

Last little tidbit of advice, always ALWAYS use rejection for your benefit.

1) think in your head "She's missing out, I'm funny, charming, interesting. She's missed out on so many good times with me. The girl that accepts me is gonna love me." <This will help with how bad you feel.

2) Get used to rejection, you're young...there's a hell of a lot of *****y *****y girls out there that will use *****y tactics just to get a rejection out of you. NEVER REACT to what girls do and never get angry/moany. My most recent one randomly brought another guy to a party and instantly started shouting about how awesome he was. I decided not tor react and got with another girl at the party. Pissed her right off.

3) Realise, its just a girl. They're opinions pretty much don't matter in the grand scheme of things until they become a big factor in your life. I'm not being sexist, most girls will think this about every guy they meet until they either have sex with him, get into a relationship or friend zone him.

btw my tip in this instance is to not talk to her till she talks to your. You've made your move now its hers. Don't chase, wait for her to chase you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missderrie)
    I loved this answer. These days people assume you're after friendship or even more when you chat to them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for supporting me, I'm going to get negged for saying the truth and probably get a couple warnings too. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dejah Thoris)
    You're too emotionally invested in a non-existent relationship, frankly it's pathetic. So you exchanged contact details you don't own her and she owes you nothing.
    He didn't say she owned him anything he just said he was upset

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So yeah as the title suggests, I just got rejected by a girl (I'm a dude). We had been talking for two weeks constantly on chat, and then today I sent her a couple of messages and have gotten zero response.
    I'm a very shy guy, and it took quite some courage to talk to this girl (who's really hot!!!) and then suddenly I get rejected.
    We exchanged photos and stuff but after exchanging facebooks this happened, why?
    I feel like **** atm . I know as a man that I will take many blows in my hunt for girls, but I'm still sad (this is my first time talking to a girl in this way.)
    I don't really have a question, just felt like sharing it with someone
    Seems a tad of an over-reaction to assume she's done with you just for not replying to you straight away.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as you're new, here's a secret.

Do not put woman on the pedestal. Trust me. As counter-intuitive as this is going to sound, above a certain point, if you give women more attention they actually like you less. They feel you're desperate, needy, have less options.

You need to balance it. Keep her guessing. Make it seem like you have options. Don't seem desperate. Engage enough so they know you like them.

ReputationRep:
    Loving all the TSR Hitchs, gigolos and pimps coming out to give step by step guides lol. All girls are different. Go out out, be seen, look good, smell good. The rest you cant really change, or will learn through experience. Ahh crap,I just did the same thing...

ReputationRep:
    So yeah as the title suggests, I just got rejected by a girl (I'm a dude). We had been talking for two weeks constantly on chat, and then today I sent her a couple of messages and have gotten zero response.
    I'm a very shy guy, and it took quite some courage to talk to this girl (who's really hot!!!) and then suddenly I get rejected.
    We exchanged photos and stuff but after exchanging facebooks this happened, why?
    I feel like **** atm . I know as a man that I will take many blows in my hunt for girls, but I'm still sad (this is my first time talking to a girl in this way.)
    You got balls my friend, I would never have the courage to do what you did.

Some info about my luck with girls:
    I'm a fairly attractive guy and intelligent (not to sound arrogant) and apparently (I say apparently because I don't know when it happens) girls have come on to me (about 4-5 girls) and shown clear signs of interest but I never know!!! My mates tell me this.
    I don't understand the signs and the girl eventually stops wanting me (I guess). One girl in particular was really interested (We've known each other for 10 years --- She was my first crush) and in the end I felt it someway but I was afraid I was just imagining stuff and feared rejection.
    I feel she is a bit angry at me, because I never gave her any attention .
    She doesn't talk to me as much anymore.

At least if I get rejected on a computer screen it isn't as strong as face to face. I also didn't tell her that I liked her on facebook because I was afraid she'd show it to friends in school, which would be really bad and akward for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galileo Galilei)
    what do you mean by 'real.'?
    In that I maintain an honest conversation without the need to sugar coat what I'm thinking regardless of how harsh it may be.

ReputationRep:
    You're very quick to jump to conclusions. Maybe she was busy and didn't have time to reply or her laptop/internet is playing up. There could be a hundred reasons why she hasn't replied. You just have to be patient and not put all your eggs in one basket. She'll reply, just relax and be patient. There is nothing that suggests that she has rejected you. If she didn't want to talk she wouldn't have been chatting with you for so long already. I was in a similar situation, messaging a guy for a few weeks and then bamm ... no reply for 1 week and turns out he was on holiday and very busy and replied the moment he got back

We all will get rejected at some point in our life, some more than others and we just have to put it down to life experience and move forward. Just don't put too much pressure on things and let things happen naturally.

There are going to be people who will reject you and there will be people that you will reject. That's life, we are all different and some people are just not compatible. It's life and something we all will have to get used to.

But in your case OP, be patient, give it time ....

ReputationRep:
    Know how it feels.
    Just keep you chin up and remember not to take things in life too seriously.
    Just be friends and see where that goes...I know its a common saying but trust there's a lot of "fish" out in the sea...

ReputationRep:
    She may be shy herself, or may be confused about how she feels so is pulling away. Give her some space to think, from the fact you made a post about her she is obviously a big part of your life. I can't see a reason for her rejecting you if you've been talking all that time! Even if she doesn't like you, which is a big IF, maybe she isn't the girl for you. But that doesn't mean that all girls will do that, I'm sure you will find a lovely girl one day who can make you so much happier!

ReputationRep:

You need to simply accept that everyone gets rejected. Don't let getting rejected once or multiple times affect your self esteem just get on with it keep trying and have fun in the process and eventually something will work out.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not surprised. If I saw this thread after not replying for a few hours to a message I'd be insanely creeped out...

ReputationRep:
    I encourage you not to look at it as a "hunt for girls" in the future... that sort of puts girls on a different level than you (you're putting them on a pedestal).

Try to start on equal grounds and finish on equal grounds. If you do all the chasing, that's bad.

She replied today .
    She didn't have her phone yesterday!

I guess I overreacted

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.