Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felix Felicis)
    :smug: Jelly?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ha, I'm still merely an infant in the field of mathematics and have barely scratched the surface
    A little :L

A2? Uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Sophie-x)
    A little :L

A2? Uni?
    Lower sixth - I'll be finishing A2 Maths this year though

ReputationRep:
    Lower sixth - I'll be finishing A2 Maths this year though
    Year 12? That's definitely not fair! I want your brains

ReputationRep:
    Year 12? That's definitely not fair! I want your brains
    Yeah, they call it lower 6th at my school for some reason xD

You mean these brainz?
    Ha, you can't touch this :smug:

I'm applying for maths next year anyway so I should hope my trig's up to scratch Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they call it lower 6th at my school for some reason xD

You mean these brainz?
    Ha, you can't touch this :smug:

I'm applying for maths next year anyway so I should hope my trig's up to scratch Yourself?
    Haha

Go you that sounds amazing

Chemical engineering, I think. And I've heard its very mathsy which is not good :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha

Go you that sounds amazing

Chemical engineering, I think. And I've heard its very mathsy which is not good :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maths is amazing

Ah, I see! My brother was considering that actually - he read a book about it and got some work experience and said it was pretty boring :L Not that I'm trying to deter you or anything, have fun!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Maths is amazing

Ah, I see! My brother was considering that actually - he read a book about it and got some work experience and said it was pretty boring :L Not that I'm trying to deter you or anything, have fun!
    Agree with that, but the A-level syllabus sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Agree with that, but the A-level syllabus sucks
    I agree with you about the normal maths but I quite like FM Especially FP2/bits of 3 and the later mechanics modules are quite interesting I thought Having said that, I haven't delved into any uni maths so I'm sure it's far more interesting Quite like the look of analysis

ReputationRep:
    Maths is amazing

Hmm. The fact youre going to do a maths degree is amazing. But maths is not amazing.

Oh right. Well I'm not sure about it yet, I need to secure some work experience before I decide

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. The fact youre going to do a maths degree is amazing. But maths is not amazing.

Oh right. Well I'm not sure about it yet, I need to secure some work experience before I decide

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :O Blasphemy! Sacrilege! Maths is completely amazing

Have fun I hear Imperial recently got some new high-tech chairs that cost >£1 000 a piece because people have to sit on them for like 9 hours or something

ReputationRep:
    :O Blasphemy! Sacrilege! Maths is completely amazing

Have fun I hear Imperial recently got some new high-tech chairs that cost >£1 000 a piece because people have to sit on them for like 9 hours or something
    Sorry, but science is far more interesting.

Oh I will.
    That's ridiculous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but science is far more interesting.

Oh I will.
    That's ridiculous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're just asking for a fight

I agree that science is interesting in general, but really not at A-level! A-level physics just seems far too fragmented because you don't learn the actual maths involved with a lot of the concepts and A-level chemistry is seriously draining any interest I had in it from GCSE Reaction mechanisms :eviltongue:

ReputationRep:
    You're just asking for a fight

I agree that science is interesting in general, but really not at A-level! A-level physics just seems far too fragmented because you don't learn the actual maths involved with a lot of the concepts and A-level chemistry is seriously draining any interest I had in it from GCSE Reaction mechanisms :eviltongue:
    Indeed.

Well, you need to understand the basics before you get to the good stuff, I suppose.
    Oh shut up, reaction mechanisms are lovely!

Science is the future. I haven't exactly heard anything about maths and the future. It's just plain, pointless maths. God knows why I took it for A-level.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed.

Well, you need to understand the basics before you get to the good stuff, I suppose.
    Oh shut up, reaction mechanisms are lovely!

Science is the future. I haven't exactly heard anything about maths and the future. It's just plain, pointless maths. God knows why I took it for A-level.
    Still, A-level physics is far too void of maths for my liking You're joking!? No one likes organic chemistry! Aldehyde this, acidified potassium dichromate that, sickening!

Are you trolling? :eyebrow: Science is the baby of mathematics! Science and mathematics are symbiotic - if science existed without maths, we'd be decades behind our time o.o

ReputationRep:
    Still, A-level physics is far too void of maths for my liking You're joking!? No one likes organic chemistry! Aldehyde this, acidified potassium dichromate that, sickening!

Are you trolling? :eyebrow: Science is the baby of mathematics! Science and mathematics are symbiotic - if science existed without maths, we'd be decades behind our time o.o
    Not a joke at all. Speak for yourself, I genuinely enjoy it!
    Trig and integration and stupid graphs are sickening!

Ha, I am not trolling! But you're right, I give you that.
    Science is still better, however as I'm out of arguments, I better shut up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not a joke at all. Speak for yourself, I genuinely enjoy it!
    Trig and integration and stupid graphs are sickening!

Ha, I am not trolling! But you're right, I give you that.
    Science is still better, however as I'm out of arguments, I better shut up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah right, organic chemistry is the bane of my existence :afraid: Blergh, agree to disagree.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Maths is still superior :smug:

I win, as always :smug: It's just not science which maths has applications in, the list goes on! Econometrics off the top of my head and I'm sure you know that number theory's used in cryptography

ReputationRep:
    Yeah right, organic chemistry is the bane of my existence :afraid: Blergh, agree to disagree.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Maths is still superior :smug:

I win, as always :smug: It's just not science which maths has applications in, the list goes on! Econometrics off the top of my head and I'm sure you know that number theory's used in cryptography
    Without organic chemistry, the world wouldn't be what it is today.

Is not!

Ergh, alright! Valid point, but I don't want to accept it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Without organic chemistry, the world wouldn't be what it is today.

Is not!

Ergh, alright! Valid point, but I don't want to accept it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I'd be a lot more sane Kidding, of course it wouldn't, unlike you I can actually appreciate the importance of what I don't enjoy! Seriously, I want a piece of whatever the hell whoever pioneered organic chemistry was smoking - must've been some incredible **** to actually make you enjoy that ****

Is too! :smug:

Hahaha! xD What do you mean "God knows why you took maths for A-level" anyway - you want to do Chemical Engineering! That's pretty much all Physics and Maths anyway​ from what I hear xD

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'd be a lot more sane Kidding, of course it wouldn't, unlike you I can actually appreciate the importance of what I don't enjoy! Seriously, I want a piece of whatever the hell whoever pioneered organic chemistry was smoking - must've been some incredible $h!t to actually make you enjoy that ****

Is too! :smug:

Hahaha! xD What do you mean "God knows why you took maths for A-level" anyway - you want to do Chemical Engineering! That's pretty much all Physics and Maths anyway​ from what I hear xD
    Oii, I can appreciate things I don't enjoy, if I choose to!

Don't dis chemistry..tis not **** at all!

It's truee. I love things chemistry related, but I hate maths. And maths that involves chemistry is just about bearable. That make any sense?

I know, that's what irritates me so much..'chemical engineering' should be about 'chemistry'!
    I'm undecided though; a while ago I wanted to do aeronautical engineering, and before that I wanted to be a cardiac surgeon :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Afted reading this thread i was wondering weather you can help me. Im seriously stuck on 3D phythagoras. Just struggle to find the first trinagle.. :-(

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.