Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    How did everyone find the exam? I thought it went quite well apart from the 6 marker about outsourcing
    Went very well!!!! So glad,I'm expecting a B at least

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cellyn)
    Went very well!!!! So glad,I'm expecting a B at least

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too, what did you get for the gross profit margin? I'm hoping for a B so I can get a B overal (only got a C for unit 1)

ReputationRep:
    personally i thought it was awful! i got an a* on both unit one and the coursework, i want to do business at uni but after that i'm not so sure! I thought the 9 mark questions were too specific! and we'd not been taught about outsourcing or induction! i'm hoping for low grade boundaries but considering you all thought it went well i'm not so sure! Disappointted i don't think i'll get me a* now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotpink)
    personally i thought it was awful! i got an a* on both unit one and the coursework, i want to do business at uni but after that i'm not so sure! I thought the 9 mark questions were too specific! and we'd not been taught about outsourcing or induction! i'm hoping for low grade boundaries but considering you all thought it went well i'm not so sure! Disappointted i don't think i'll get me a* now
    I thought the 9 markers were okay apart from the cost-plus one, too broad. Don't be put off doing business due to a silly exam :P You don't need an A* to be successful

ReputationRep:
    Exam was generally on the whole good, a few weird question here and there, and the second 9 marker about pricing strategies was weird and hard to justify for 9 marks.

Expected Grade Boundaries:

45 A*
    40 A
    35 B
    30 C

ReputationRep:
    Question paper (roughly from memory)
    24 MAY 2013 - aqa - unit 2 - 413002

Anyone fancy doing the unoffical mark scheme?

Q1) gym business - out of 21
    A) limited company (2)
    B) 2 examples of induction training (4)
    C) outsourcing (6)
    D) flow production (9)

Q2) housing business - out of 19
    A) span of control (2)
    B) advertisements (4)
    C) decentralisation (4)
    D) pricing strategies (9)

Q3)airline business - out of 20
    A) plc (2)
    B) profit margin (3)
    Bi) cost of sales increase (2)
    C) stakeholders/shareholders unhappy (4)
    D) sources of finance (9)

Total - 60
    Personally, I think grade boundaries will be lowered.
    Anyone feel free to comment what you put.
    Sorry that the questions so vague.

Answer away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    I thought the 9 markers were okay apart from the cost-plus one, too broad. Don't be put off doing business due to a silly exam :P You don't need an A* to be successful
    Very true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbadonde2)
    In the conclusion don't just repeat what you've already said, a good thing to do is to explain the long and short term effects of your chosen option
    This is true, also try to maintain your argument throughout. It's also a good idea to say what your judgement will depend on, i.e. financial stability, market share/growth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmriches)
    This is true, also try to maintain your argument throughout. It's also a good idea to say what your judgement will depend on, i.e. financial stability, market share/growth
    What answers did you get for any questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalm)
    What answers did you get for any questions?
    Sorry, I'm currently doing BUSS4 A2 AQA

ReputationRep:
    Hi , iv got my unit 2 gcse business exam on monday . Please would you be able to email me some resources. Thank you
    [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    would you be able to do this for me as i have the exam on Monday if so i would be very appreciative my email is [email protected] thanks if you are able

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajiri)
    Hi Vicky

if you dm me your email I can send you some revision notes from my teacher. There very good and cover whole of UNIT 2 AND 1 with past papers
    Would you send it to me please? I'm doing AQA too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajiri)
    Hi Vicky

if you dm me your email I can send you some revision notes from my teacher. There very good and cover whole of UNIT 2 AND 1 with past papers

Would you mind if i dm my email and you sent those to me?

ReputationRep:
    nah its kl , go ahead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajiri)
    nah its kl , go ahead
    thanksss

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know some useful
    Youtube channel for first year uni?

ReputationRep:
    is this still the case? I know this was ages ago but this would really help me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajiri)
    check my dropbox link it's got all unit 2 teacher slides to read and really helpful. To get the A*

dependednt on your time my technique is

1 advantage expain and link to case tudy
    1 disadavantage and link to case study
    conclusion- go ham on that

conclusion is where u get most of the marks and doing 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages usually wastes time cuz the exam is like 1 question permit, which is peak
    link to your dropbox?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajiri)
    Hi Vicky

Hi Vicky, I am currently in the same situation, if you wouldn't mind, please could you email me the revision notes too, thank you very much, my email is sabz_2014hotmail.com

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.