Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, which of the following do you agree with about short women? watch

ReputationRep:
    "They are easier to pick and move around"

:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyMilly)
    also no offence that blog is so bloody rude 'most tall woman are confident mixed with arragonce' no i dont think so most are insecure about being so tall its the short woman i find to be the arragont ones as they believe there so sweet and innocent looking due to their height

Tall woman are not aware of their options

sex with shorter woman is better? erm no, my boyfriend still manages to throw me around the place with no issue, just because your short doesnt mean yur better than sex,and also i weigh less than some of my 5ft5 friends, i have probablyy one of the most active adventourous sex life out of all my friends and its nothing to with height thats a load of ****

i can walk around like my boyfriends trophy regardles of my height

traditional social norm? not all guys are shallow enough to dump a girl becuase she is tall

Im sorry but whoever wrote this blog is an absoloute offensive mug, whats this im short and im insecure about it so im tall and im going to make all tall woman feel ugly and inferior and like no man will want them?

its very very very horrible that somebody who is clearly insecure feels the need to **** of the ones she jealous of, i hate being tall but my no means is my sex life **** ( im with a shortter guy and its the best sex ive ever had) hes not intimiated by me he doesnt hide me away becuase im not cute enough or short enough, oh and im in proporition to my body my arse aqnd boobs fit with my boody size

Some people make me so angry !
    I agree, I just read the blog post, was riddled with obtuse generalisations.

I'm about 5'0 so I often feel very self-conscious about it, especially as I have a very small chest as well, but this article reassured me a little

ReputationRep:
    One of my housemates started giving me really intimate hugs despite not really showing any other interest in me. I'm 6ft 2 and she was 5ft 6. She was the perfect height for a hug with me, I guess that's why she kept coming back! So, I'd say for me 5ft 6 would be the best height for a girl. So, maybe 8 inches less.

I had a housemate who was 5ft 0, was short and cute, but our hugs were v awkward and we'd just look stupid together.

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of blogs and men favouring or disfavouring the vertically challenged - I enjoy being short - and there are pros and cons to being both short and a tall woman.

ReputationRep:
    I would LOVE to be shorter im 5ft 11 and everybody is shorter than me i hate it, all my girl friends are below 5ft 3 and even with their gigantic heels dont even touch 5ft8 being tall and a girl is not fun, i live in flats becuase i feel like the BFG in heels people come up to me and say 'god your tall' as if i didnt know i was tall. Guys are always shorter than me !

being short is not a curse i think its great you can wear heels all the time you little and cute i just look like a baby giaraffe whose not in control of their limbs

The last part made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjf8)
    "They are easier to pick and move around"

:laugh:
    Yeah I read that and was like "what are we? Furnishings?"

Anyway. I'm 5ft1 (just about) so I guess I fall in the short category. All of my past boyfriends have been 5ft11 minimum so... I don't know if they particularly like short girls, but maybe it doesn't bother them?

I've never experienced any of them picking me up and moving me around, though. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    also no offence that blog is so bloody rude 'most tall woman are confident mixed with arragonce' no i dont think so most are insecure about being so tall its the short woman i find to be the arragont ones as they believe there so sweet and innocent looking due to their height

Tall woman are not aware of their options

sex with shorter woman is better? erm no, my boyfriend still manages to throw me around the place with no issue, just because your short doesnt mean yur better than sex,and also i weigh less than some of my 5ft5 friends, i have probablyy one of the most active adventourous sex life out of all my friends and its nothing to with height thats a load of ****

i can walk around like my boyfriends trophy regardles of my height

traditional social norm? not all guys are shallow enough to dump a girl becuase she is tall

Im sorry but whoever wrote this blog is an absoloute offensive mug, whats this im short and im insecure about it so im tall and im going to make all tall woman feel ugly and inferior and like no man will want them?

its very very very horrible that somebody who is clearly insecure feels the need to **** of the ones she jealous of, i hate being tall but my no means is my sex life **** ( im with a shortter guy and its the best sex ive ever had) hes not intimiated by me he doesnt hide me away becuase im not cute enough or short enough, oh and im in proporition to my body my arse aqnd boobs fit with my boody size

Some people make me so angry !
    I agree with this rant.

And surely the amount he can throw you around in the bedroom (or office..kitchen..etc) is more dependent on your weight. I'm 5'8 and my boyfriends never had a problem throwing me around.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'3, and all my boyfriend have been at least 5'11 upwards and I've never had a problem.

All of my friends are at least 5'6 upwards, and I'm the 'short one' of the group. I can't wear heels at all due to medical problems either, so I'm forever stuck being short!

ReputationRep:
    Whilst it might not be the intention of the "blog", talking about women in such terms promotes something of a negative attitude. Since we're doing this though I'll say that, whilst it's novel feeling like Shaq next to tiny girls, I feel that a closer physical... "equality"... promotes long-term relationship longevity. Of course, this is just based on my experience, but literally "seeing eye to eye" really makes a difference when it comes to balance in a relationship.

(Original post by Mastermind007)
    would 5ft 7 be considered average or tall(ish)?
    As girls go? Slightly above average in most Western countries.

ReputationRep:
    My fiance is 6', maybe 6'1". I am almost 5'2".
    His last long term relationship of 3 years was with a girl who was around 5'11", slightly taller than him when wearing heels. I know he found her very attractive - and I know he finds me very attractive. Height is just another factor that fits together with several others and goes into making a person, but it's the person that is attractive.

I must admit, I love being small. My mother hated it, she was desperate to be taller - growing up in colonial Zimbabwe she was considered second rate compared to all the tall, fair Scandinavians. I suppose not growing up in that environment, I was more able to appreciate all the pros of being small (like... less far to fall if you trip? lol).

ReputationRep:
    There's "short," and then there's 5"1, which I am...

They seek tall men?

ReputationRep:
    1.-4. not 5. although for 4. the explanation they gave doesn't fit.

However, it's not like I would never date a tall girl. Fact of the matter is, these are just some reasons why guys like sort girls. Doesn't even imply that they prefer them. Women are generally shorter than men, so it's no surprise when most men are the taller ones in the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tu_es_jolie_x)
    If my boyfriend ever called me adorable I would actually throw up. I'm not a kitten.
    That's weird considering your nickname.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JerzyDudek)
    That's weird considering your nickname.
    Not really. My name says you are pretty.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.