Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Reynauds Syndrome watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law_student93)
    I have this too, causes some funny looks when my lips are blue!
    Does anyone ever notice it happening down one side of the body more? My left hand always turns white a lot faster.
    Not really, although I tend to get it in isolated areas - mylittle fingers have a tendency to go white with no blood flow but the rest of my hand stays normalish...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law_student93)
    I have this too, causes some funny looks when my lips are blue!
    Does anyone ever notice it happening down one side of the body more? My left hand always turns white a lot faster.
    Thinking about it, my right hand and foot are usually worse than my left. My right little finger is often swollen

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly9595)
    Not really, although I tend to get it in isolated areas - mylittle fingers have a tendency to go white with no blood flow but the rest of my hand stays normalish...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by nrp_95)
    Thinking about it, my right hand and foot are usually worse than my left. My right little finger is often swollen

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh right. It's normally my left index finger that goes first, then the rest of my hand and after a bit my right too.
    Just shows no one is affected in the same way I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    I use to get frozen fingers and toes.

Exercise is what you want.

30mins cardio a day. Get that blood pumping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    I use to get frozen fingers and toes.

Exercise is what you want.

30mins cardio a day. Get that blood pumping.
    Were you actually diagnosed with Reynauds, or did you just have slightly chilly fingers?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and I have it in my toes- does anybody else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annieliz)
    I'm 17 and I have it in my toes- does anybody else?
    Hey! I'm 18 and I have it in my fingers and toes, as well as my nose, ears, lips and sometimes knees or elbows when it's really cold haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I tend to get it more in my fingers, however my toes do get badly affected and it takes several hours for them to warm up again. Even with hot water bottles and thick socks!

ReputationRep:
    Keep warm, no ****, no caffeine, keep exercising is what my doctor told me.

ReputationRep:
    Think I'm going to invest in a few pairs of very warm fluffy thick socks!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else get pain like if you've jumped off somewhere high and not landed properly when their feet are cold?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i got it diagnosed when i was 9 or 10 years old (i was the youngest case diagnosed in that hospital :P), eat cod liver oil and keep warm it will be better. I got it mostly on my hands, a bit on big toes.
    if you wanna buy socks, i suggest you either Woolpower (AKA Ullfrotte) or Icebreaker - both are really good.

ReputationRep:
    Wow a raynauds society

I had raynauds since the start of my teenage years and had for around 7 years. It all started when I had double p.e lessons outside around winter time in the mornings..

In all honesty though it has been getting worse over the years and less bearable. Sometimes I feel like getting my hand and toes amputed (that's how much it hurts!). It really does p's me off when doctors tell you to "keep warm" when that's precisely what you're doing.

ReputationRep:
    I was told by my doctor that I only had primary reynauds but it's caused by emotive stress as well as the cold. I've researched this a bit more as I couldn't see how it was possible that it could be caused by stress but every website I have looked at including the NHS website says it can be caused by emotive stress.

ReputationRep:
    I have raynauds too, only mild though. Started when I was around 12 and it's been worse since, I'm always the one known to have cold hands :P when I asked the doctor for medication I got prescribed something (cane remember what it was now, so long ago!) But I chose not to take them because side effects were very common such as feeling dizzy and drowsy, and you're jot really meant to take them this young.

But I got this for christmas this year, it's been such a godsend, I don't know how I survived without it before!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00427K980

Also silver lined gloves (available from raynauds association website) work quite well too the silver is meant to reflect heat back, so although its not fool proof, coupled with the hand warmer above it makes winter a lot less painful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nrp_95)
    Does anyone else get pain like if you've jumped off somewhere high and not landed properly when their feet are cold?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me! I always forget that it will hurt if my feet are cold, and then wonder why it's so painful... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol thanks for that bit of info, makes me feel better that I will grow out of it.

ReputationRep:
    I have this and I'm on medication, im 17.

I'm currently on nifedipress and have been on nifedipine in the past, and I wouldnt recommend nifedipine, the dizzyness/headaches you get are horrible (and i was on the lowest dose)

I'm currently wearing winter socks haha, my hands don't really get that bad unless i go out in the cold (but going in the freezer causes problems)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.