Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can we stop rating people out of 10? Watch

ReputationRep:
    just because you don't like it doesn't mean people should stop. plus i'm not sure why you felt you had to post pics to entertain the comments of randoms..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I agreed with your OP. Are you down on feminists for some reason? Shame, as the views you expressed are a pretty good expression of several feminist ideas. You can be a feminist and still be good looking!
    Oh yeah I am TOTALLY a killjoy feminist. (Well actually I think that treating everyone as equals and not judging them by oversimplified gender stereotypes is much more joyful than the opposite, but never mind.)

The areyouafeminist.com website just says that if you think all humans are equal and that women are humans, then you're a feminist. Which I would agree with. By that definition, everyone on this thread would either be a feminist or an ********.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildbluesun)
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. :P I suck at sarcasm.

Anyway, you're probably a feminist.
    http://www.areyouafeminist.com/

Oooo, I hate it when people think like this. That the only reason you could think a system or convention is unfair is because it disadvantages you, as opposed to seeing the inherent injustice in the system/convention.

When I'm not studying, I work as a model. I literally make a living being judged on my looks. And partially because being judged on my looks is a very important aspect of one part of my life, I'm come to realise how shallow and unfair that type of judgement is in other parts of my life.

Anyway, this is me.

Attachment 207085

Attachment 207086

Attachment 207087

Lingerie shots - possibly NSFW.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...q1co1_1280.jpg
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...q1co1_1280.jpg
    9/11/10

usesthreadasanopportunitytoboost ego/10

ReputationRep:
    Soooo... rate out of 11 from now on...

ReputationRep:
    Your probably the only person on TSR that can take a joke :P.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I agreed with your OP. Are you down on feminists for some reason? Shame, as the views you expressed are a pretty good expression of several feminist ideas. You can be a feminist and still be good looking!
    You're a 2! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I agree, a scale out of a 100 would be far more accurate.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    I don't really mind people rating out of ten, it's like little kids saying things are either 'good' or 'evil', some people simplify things to make it easier for them to understand.

That's all it is, and it's harmless. Just a massive simplification. I'm not saying rating out of 10 is for stupid people either, everyone simplifies things, even stuff like the TSR rating system is just a simplified version of 'I like/dislike this post a bit' into 'I 100% agree or disagree'.

Rating someone on physical attractiveness is completely fair. If you work out alot you'll be more physically attractive, if you eat properly you'll have nicer skin, if you're happy more than angry you'll have less wrinkles, if you're financially capable you'll have nice clothes etc etc. Someones appearance tells you loads about their personality, and if you don't like a physical manifestation of your personality you should probably work on changing yourself first through that.

ReputationRep:
    Massively agree with this thread.
    I give it 9/10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind007)
    why not do percentages then?
    But 11 is cooler :cool: though percentages are sexy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    I would hate it to find a bunch of people rating my looks out of 10 on some corner of the internet. Even if they happened to give me a high number, I am not a number, and nor is anyone else.
    I'm a 9.5

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP is probably a 2/8 :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah forreal. We should start rating people out of 5, much better!

ReputationRep:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah I am TOTALLY a killjoy feminist. (Well actually I think that treating everyone as equals and not judging them by oversimplified gender stereotypes is much more joyful than the opposite, but never mind.)

The areyouafeminist.com website just says that if you think all humans are equal and that women are humans, then you're a feminist. Which I would agree with. By that definition, everyone on this thread would either be a feminist or an ********.
    The concept of feminism is ultimately divisive. If people actually stand for equality, they should consider themselves humanists, someone who cares about equality of all people, and are not just restricting their views on equality to people with vaginas. Feminism is a pathetic, self-interested form of humanism that's fundamentally plagued with the issue of real biological differences between the people involved. Don't get me wrong, I'm entirely in agreement with the values behind feminism, and I used to consider myself one, but now I dislike the term feminism; the good intention behind the values should be applied to all people and not focused on your own 'in-group', and the term feminism tends to do that.

Also, if 'feminists' truly cared about equality among humans, rather than being selfish and sorting out their own problems first, they would be campaigning to prevent poverty or starvation in third world countries, because there's a LOT more inequality between for example people in the UK and people in Africa than there is between UK men and UK women. Identifying as a feminist over identifying as a fully fledged humanist just implies someone thinks their biological sex gives them more important problems than those of less fortunate people.

ReputationRep:

Anyway, you're probably a feminist.
    http://www.areyouafeminist.com/

Oooo, I hate it when people think like this. That the only reason you could think a system or convention is unfair is because it disadvantages you, as opposed to seeing the inherent injustice in the system/convention.

When I'm not studying, I work as a model. I literally make a living being judged on my looks. And partially because being judged on my looks is a very important aspect of one part of my life, I'm come to realise how shallow and unfair that type of judgement is in other parts of my life.

Anyway, this is me.

Attachment 207085

Attachment 207086

Attachment 207087

Lingerie shots - possibly NSFW.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...q1co1_1280.jpg
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...q1co1_1280.jpg
    Makes thread complaining about judging peoples physical attributes,
    works in industry about judging peoples physical attributes.

Ahahaha, OP what a mug.

And no, I will continue to rate people out of 10. You get 5/10.

Also... There are so many females who try and say they model when in fact they're very average looking.. it's quite annoying, please stop.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe we should use fractions. For example "Dayummm that girls a 6/9th"

ReputationRep:
    I've heard this many times before, and I don't buy it. Feminists aren't about equal rights for everyone, because issues affecting men don't concern them. In fact, they trivialise them or try to justify it by saying 'women get it worse'. They are for equal rights for women, in line with the 'constant stream of justice men are afforded'. They don't care about everyone.

It's like people who are heavily into black rights. They don't care about white people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    I would hate it to find a bunch of people rating my looks out of 10 on some corner of the internet. Even if they happened to give me a high number, I am not a number, and nor is anyone else.
    You're right but you're all taking this rating thing too seriously. As far as I am concerned, it's not meant to capture what a person's worth or what a person is. It's a quantitative form of saying "person X is Z times more physically attractive than person Y".

It's crude, of course. But people shouldn't take it as an evaluation of their identity.

ReputationRep:
    What's with the influx of rate me threads lately? :erm:

I think everyone's being harsh to the OP. Your probably not very much of a catch yourself :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.