Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Split or steal??? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thers)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=p3Uos2fzIJ0

This was very cruel - all you saying steal, you may not have the guts to do this on TV
    What a slimey woman.

ReputationRep:
    Split.
    I would say i will split therefore i would. personal integrity.

Steal.

If I can't have the money I'd rather make someone else miserable too.

ReputationRep:

Skip to 2:27 LOL

Also, moral of the Golden balls - never trust fat women, or women for that matter

lol

ReputationRep:
    Steal every time, you have nothing to lose by choosing steal. You either get it all, or get nothing, and if you get nothing then that wouldn't have been any different had you split.

Did anyone see the episode where a guy convinced a women that he was going to split, to the point where he had her in tears as she described the holiday that she was going to take her kids on, a holiday that she'd never be able to afford normally. Then when she splits, he steals :noway:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thers)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=p3Uos2fzIJ0

This was very cruel - all you saying steal, you may not have the guts to do this on TV
    nasty horrible woman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    What a slimey woman.

(Original post by WeeGuy)
    nasty horrible woman
    Not really-she played the game well to win maximum money, like you try to do on any gameshow. The guy didn't actually have any money stolen off him, he went there with nothing so he's no worse off than before. She just won the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Not really-she played the game well to win maximum money, like you try to do on any gameshow. The guy didn't actually have any money stolen off him, he went there with nothing so he's no worse off than before. She just won the game.
    But you can't help but to say these things.

ReputationRep:
    But you can't help but to say these things.
    I know that's the reaction but if you think about it she's done nothing wrong, she's just a good player.

ReputationRep:
    I know that's the reaction but if you think about it she's done nothing wrong, she's just a good player.
    Whatever way you look at it, she's just ****ed that guy out of receiving £50,000, just to keep it herself. Very selfish.

ReputationRep:
    She may have won the max amount, but she has come away from that show looking like a very cruel ***** in front of millions of people watching and I don't know how she copes with the guilt. I bet she's received alot of abuse from everyone who knows her aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar-n-spice)
    I would bring a checkbook into the game, announce I will steal whatever they say and tell them to split, whip out the checkbook and write a check for half the money.
    Or just split. There's a vid of someone doing it like that.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mechie)
    Whatever way you look at it, she's just ****ed that guy out of receiving £50,000, just to keep it herself. Very selfish.
    And a tennis player who beats another tennis player in the Wimbledon final ****s him out of recieving half a million. It's a game, the best player gets the money.

(Original post by thers)
    She may have won the max amount, but she has come away from that show looking like a very cruel ***** in front of millions of people watching and I don't know how she copes with the guilt. I bet she's received alot of abuse from everyone who knows her aswell.
    See above.

ReputationRep:
    And a tennis player who beats another tennis player in the Wimbledon final ****s him out of recieving half a million. It's a game, the best player gets the money.

See above.
    Yes but the is no choice to split in a Wimbledon final. In golden balls, you have the opportunity to split, win 50% each. And there is no element of skill involved in golden balls - you are just making a choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thers)
    Yes but the is no choice to split in a Wimbledon final. In golden balls, you have the opportunity to split, win 50% each. And there is no element of skill involved in golden balls - you are just making a choice.
    Doesn't really matter, you're still taking money that could have been someone else's. And there is skill, the skill is convincing the other player that you will split.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    I think you've failed to read my post properly. I said 100% of participants receiving prizes, not you. So my logic there is absolutely correct.
    Come now, if you're going to make a post claiming to be logical, you're going to have to make a better response than attempted condescension.

Uh, my last percentage is also true. I clearly stated my assumptions; if everyone is 'rational', (and I use my inverted commas with feeling), then nobody ever wins. Clearly this is suboptimal.
    Understood. However, as a participant of the show, I won't care if a prize is won in general, I'll care if I win a prize; which I think is where we differ.

ReputationRep:

This is the worst one.

ReputationRep:
    I would steal but give them half the money after the show.

ReputationRep:

This is the worst one.
    What a cow! Everyone else who steals at least looks bad about it, she just screams about how much money she's won in front of the guy she just screwed over to win that much!

ReputationRep:
    I'd steal and tell them I was going to. I couldn't act as if I was going to split because anyone can see it is cheap talk so Id feel stupid doing it.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.