Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would you rather be extremely intelligent or extremely good looking? watch

ReputationRep:
    With extreme beauty I think it would be harder to find a genuine partner who liked you for just you. So I'd choose extremely intelligent

ReputationRep:
    If I choose intelligence how attractive am I?
    If I choose attractive how intelligent am I?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be extremely intelligent and average looking. When it comes to intelligence I value street smarts over book smarts.

ReputationRep:
    Intelligent and average looking. Good looks will fade with time as you age, and they can be taken away easily. However, you will always be intelligent (unless you suffer brain damage).

ReputationRep:
    Intelligence

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy with who I am at the minute

but if I had to choose I'd go for intelligence and average looks.

ReputationRep:
    brain the sizeof a planet and averege looking... if american pie is anything to go by its the smarties who get the ladies anyway

ReputationRep:
    Intelligent. For me to feel good about myself I need to achieve, but for others their appearance make them feel more comfortable in their own skin I think. Different for everyone I suppose

ReputationRep:
    I think extremely intelligent looking. It seems more fun and you could make some good money from model work.

i don't think being extremely intelligent will bring that much more happiness to me. I'm happy with my career capabilities to be honest. With a big brain comes big stress and expectations!

(Original post by Ezekiella)
    I reckon both are achievable (or pretty much achievable) with hard work. Anyone can exercise, take care of their skin and hair, dress well and (if they're a girl) learn how to do their make-up really well - to use the ratings system, I'd say anyone can become at least an 8/10
    I agree that anyone can make themselves look better, but only to an extent. An average person can not look stunning or be an 8/10 even with the best makeup artists in the world. If that was true how come there are so many celebrities that aren't an 8/10 even with all that help?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for intelligence. Being intelligent will always outsmart being beautiful if you assume that intelligence prevents you from falling for beauty and take better decisions when dealing with beautiful people which influence perception, as we automatically assume that beautiful people are more likeable than uglier peers (scientific fact here ) Plus, if you are socially intelligent, you will find ways to charm people exactly as beauty does and thus ripe of the same "benefits", sounds manipuative, I know. Apart from this, beauty is of course in the eye of the beholder... what's more for intelligence is also that it is long-lasting. Beauty (if = youth) vanishes rather more quickly than intelligence. Once you've reached the zenith of your beauty, it will decline. However, you could always improve your intelligence by learning something new. Even if intelligence decreases in old age, it lasted longer than beauty. Talking about a very superficial aspect of beauty here.

ReputationRep:
    Extremely intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    I would want a balance halfway between the two of them. Where i'm average looking but reasonably intelligent.

Extremely good looking.

(Original post by beepbeeprichie)
    If I choose intelligence how attractive am I?
    If I choose attractive how intelligent am I?
    Very intelligent and average looking.
    Very good looking and average intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather be really intelligent..its cool to be clever ..can I get an amen from all my TSR brothers (and sisters ) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    As a girl: Extremely good looking.
    As a boy: Extremely intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    No matter what people say - good looks get you everywhere.

I've been asking myself this since whenever, I still don't know.

This post misuses the anonymous function, before using anon please read the H&R guidelines http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._relationships

ReputationRep:
    Intelligent. For beauty nowadays you can transform black swan to paradise bird quite easily.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.