Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Report: A 24 year old virgin lost it to a prostitute Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know there are a not insignificant number of guys who are virgins in their early to late 20s. I know that most of these will have thought about losing their virginity to a prostitute. Here are my thoughts after l lost it to a prostitute a couple of months ago. I'm not looking for support and care not about condemnation. I just want others to make an informed decision.

So, do I regret it?

No. That's not to say I enjoyed it because I didn't. She was ok looking and did a good a job as could be done. But the whole thing simply wasn't enjoyable or pleasurable at all. Sex is seriously overrated IMO.

Which leads me to my main point. I don't regret it because I now know that I'm not really missing anything important. You can forget all that stupid angst and frustration. It really isn't worth worrying about. I know people say this all the time but it is true and the only way you'll understand is by actually doing it. Thus I would recommend going to a prostitute simply to stop worrying about sex.
    It could just be your state of mind. If you are depressed, then perhaps sex is no fun....

One sample point is not enough to cast a verdict on the whole thing. Maybe you just need to find a nice girl. I know that's not easy given most girls are scarcely distinguishable from prostitutes..but you never know.

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, a lot of people feel good after losing their virginities due to the validation. I know people on here like saying things like "it's pathetic to need validation, just be yourself, ect", but in reality everyone likes to feel attractive, wanted, capable of giving pleasure.

I don't know if I'd really enjoy sex knowing the other person didn't want to be doing it. I'm guessing that was more the problem

Sex is awesome when you get it right.

ReputationRep:
    Poor guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    It wasn't necessarily that the sex worker was **** - it could just be that he was nervous, that the situation felt uncomfortable, that he was really looking for an emotional connection that he obviously didn't find etc. I don't know what the first time is like for men as I am not one, but I imagine that, like for women, part of enjoyment in first time sex is either getting a close, intimate connection with someone you love/care about or the validation in finding someone who actually wants to have sex with you. You wouldn't get either with a sex worker.

Also, sex workers generally insist on using protection and she probably doesn't have any diseases as they're more careful that most people as it's their job.

I agree with your point about the concept of virginity though - it is overrated and we should stop putting so much emphasis on it. It was a tool for religious control of sexuality and it is still controlling us today - either by making people feel they should 'keep' it until they meet someone they love or by making them feel embarrassed when they've 'kept' it for too long. If we didn't make so much of a big deal out of it, people would be freer to decide when they actually want to have sex.
    sorry, i didnt look at whether you were a guy or a girl. just assumed you were a guy. how sexist of me haha.

i agree with your views on virginity. if people are ready for it but cant find anyone, then why not just go for it?

although if your a girl why didnt you save your money and just go out looking 'up for it'?
    drunk guys are like dogs on heat (i know thats female dogs, but still), they are always up 4 it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cattty)
    sorry, i didnt look at whether you were a guy or a girl. just assumed you were a guy. how sexist of me haha.

i agree with your views on virginity. if people are ready for it but cant find anyone, then why not just go for it?

although if your a girl why didnt you save your money and just go out looking 'up for it'?
    drunk guys are like dogs on heat (i know thats female dogs, but still), they are always up 4 it.
    I'm not the OP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyMilly)
    maybe the OP is like me, I cant physically get turned on or want sex if its not a person i love, as the care/ emotional attachment is vital for me so maybe he is the same
    That's quite normal for females I think, but males tend to be so easily stimulated. I wouldn't question it for a female OP, but for a male...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.