Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would You Rather Be Gay, Morbidly Obese, Blind or 3 ft 2? Watch

• View Poll Results: What Would You Rather Be?
    Gay.
    76.19%
    Morbidly obese.
    16.33%
    Blind.
    0.68%
    3 ft 2.
    6.80%

ReputationRep:
    Morbidly obese- I can lose the weight.

I wonder if anyone will pick blind. That'd be my last choice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    Precisely why I put in the disclaimer.

But upon reading it, I decided that maybe it wasn't the wisest choice to put in "Gay" as some trigger-happy Mod or offended person could result in the thread being deleted. But whilst I could change the thread and its title, I can't change the poll options.

Having said that, I did not imply anything - hence the Disclaimer.
    You choosing the "Gay" option yourself makes no difference, because you are essentially putting homosexuality on the same level as disabilities or negative problems - obesity and blindness, and dwarfism, and then suggesting that homosexuality is the preferred option if the other options are as bad as these.

ReputationRep:
    Obese because it's the only one you can change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norton1)
    Then there is no point. For someone that comes up with these on a regular basis you are terrible at them. Utterly terrible. You have not come up with a single one that has provoked thought, or even a funny discussion.

I'm not even sure I'm most offended by gay being thrown in there casually as one of the options; heaven save the poor ****ers that are blind or short as we discuss how little we want to be them.
    I don't think there would be any blind or 3 foot tall people that didn't agree that it massively affects their life.
    It's not offensive to say that you wouldn't want to be disabled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    I reckon being fat just feels like being really tired and breathless all the time. I'm pretty active person but I'm not sure I'd be that into exercise if I had to lug around another 10 stone or so.
    Also when you started out you probably wouldn't even be able to walk up a flight of stairs. It'd be a while before you'd be able to run or play sports.

I dunno, it seems pretty horrible.
    Maybe it's just because I've spent years trying to make sure I'm not fat
    Yeah true. Though I'm the kind of person who did the Insanity workout with my sister just to motivate her and for fun.

Even if it's a slow start, every little hill I climb, literally, will be an amazing motivation boost for me to carry on.

Yeah same. I haven't even specifically tried 'not getting fat' it just happens the things I enjoy automatically stop me from being fat. Lucky me.

ReputationRep:
    Impin' ain't easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    You choosing the "Gay" option yourself makes no difference, because you are essentially putting homosexuality on the same level as disabilities or negative problems - obesity and blindness, and dwarfism, and then suggesting that homosexuality is the preferred option if the other options are as bad as these.
    Well it's not that it's a disability or negative - but rather, that it's seen in a negative light by many.

ReputationRep:
    I choose gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    I choose gay
    That's cheating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    I don't think there would be any blind or 3 foot tall people that didn't agree that it massively affects their life.
    It's not offensive to say that you wouldn't want to be disabled.
    No. But it's offensive to discuss it as choosing between multiple horrible options. It trivialises the subject matter.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably be gay, cause I wouldn't want to struggle to walk around if I was morbidly obese, or be blind cause I would miss out on everything, and I wouldn't want to be 3ft 12 cause you'd be to small to do anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norton1)
    No. But it's offensive to discuss it as choosing between multiple horrible options. It trivialises the subject matter.
    I am sincerely sorry that this affects you so much. I promise to choose dearer topics next time, were I to make anymore threads.

ReputationRep:
    The thread title says "3 feet 12".... ermmm isn't that 4 feet ?

ReputationRep:
    HumanSupremacist, at first I thought you were a bit of a ****, but I do find your threads quite entertaining now

ReputationRep:
    That's cheating.
    Where do you see cheating?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    No - a morbidly obese homosexual blind dwarf.
    Haha I forgot the obese hit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    gay... or morbidly obese depending on how kind of weight we are talking about...

no offense to the others...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Where do you see cheating?:eek:
    Because you're already gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    HumanSupremacist, at first I thought you were a bit of a ****, but I do find your threads quite entertaining now
    Thank'ee, Rybee, Sir; much obliged. :top2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RemiMarcelle)
    I'd probably be gay, cause I wouldn't want to struggle to walk around if I was morbidly obese, or be blind cause I would miss out on everything, and I wouldn't want to be 3ft 12 cause you'd be to small to do anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how tall are you out of curiosity?

ive seen some girls post their height on here and there are quite a few shorties. 3ft 12 (4 feet) wouldnt be too far away from them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.