The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Chemistry C4C5C6 - 13/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BP_Tranquility
I didn't really enjoy them, since our teacher taught us what we had to do to get the highest marks (e.g. drawing a line of best fit through a line graph lol :rolleyes:) but the rollercoaster one was probably the best if I had to choose :cool:

I'm taking physics/chemistry/maths/f.maths at a level, what are you taking? :smile:

I've chosen the exact same a levels. :eek: I guess I'll be seeing you more often over the next few years in a level threads. :redface:

I take it you want to do something maths/science based if you want to go to uni?
Original post by andersson
I've chosen the exact same a levels. :eek: I guess I'll be seeing you more often over the next few years in a level threads. :redface:

I take it you want to do something maths/science based if you want to go to uni?

Yeah, hopefully something like physics, but aeronautical engineering is also another possibility :biggrin:

And yourself? :smile:
Reply 22
Yeah, hopefully something like physics, but aeronautical engineering is also another possibility :biggrin:

And yourself? :smile:

Hah, me you and ryan will end up doing the same aeronautical engineering course; I can see it happening. :lol: I've got my eyes on Aeronautics & Astronautics at Southampton. The course seems so fascinating! But also, physics is another possibility, too.
Hah, me you and ryan will end up doing the same aeronautical engineering course; I can see it happening. :lol: I've got my eyes on Aeronautics & Astronautics at Southampton. The course seems so fascinating! But also, physics is another possibility, too.

Yeah, I would laugh if we all managed to end up in the same university doing the same course... :cool:

So, I guess I might even see you after A levels :biggrin: Do you know which exam boards you're going to be on for those subjects?
These are mine:
Physics/Maths/F.Maths --Edexcel
Chemistry- OCR
Reply 24
Yeah, I would laugh if we all managed to end up in the same university doing the same course... :cool:

So, I guess I might even see you after A levels :biggrin: Do you know which exam boards you're going to be on for those subjects?
These are mine:
Physics/Maths/F.Maths --Edexcel
Chemistry- OCR

I doubt we'd ever know we knew each other online though. :colondollar:

Maths/FM - Edexcel
Chem/Phys - OCR A

So we can't work together for physics. :frown:
Reply 25

any of you guys heard of edx ??

im taking a course on newtons mechanics... it is really good...but it is hard!
in terms of how hard...it covers a lot of M1.M2 and bits of M3 i think

its good..its an open course certificate from MIT if you finish it

i think you can still subscribe...its free

Ryan
Reply 26

So im guessing imperial or oxford ? :colondollar:
Reply 27
Our science CAs were an absolute joke! We had to have our physics teacher for all of them and she hardly knows physics so we had a lot of problems with bio and chem! haha literally feel ill thinking about them! people who got A*s in the exam were getting like in the 30s and the first time round most people got around half marks or lower oucch
Reply 28
Original post by ryanb97

Ryan

Is it still possible to do this after GCSE exams? When's the deadline? It would be nice to have something to do over the holidays. :redface: Cheers for letting me know.
Reply 29
Original post by ryanb97

Ryan

Don't tell me then :rolleyes:
Reply 30
Original post by ryanb97

Don't rule out other unis just because those ones usually top the leaderboards. Check this out http://www.southampton.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/aeronautics_astronautics.shtml
Reply 31
Is it still possible to do this after GCSE exams? When's the deadline? It would be nice to have something to do over the holidays. :redface: Cheers for letting me know.

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Don't tell me then :rolleyes:

oh yeah..i forgot you wanted to go into engineering :P

but yeah it is good!

ermm...there is loads of fates on which you can start different courses..i am going to do one in august for mechanics as well

they should be good!
Original post by ryanb97

Ryan

Yeah, I've heard of EdX but i thought the courses were at university level...? I'll have to look into it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by ryanb97
ermm...there is loads of fates on which you can start different courses..i am going to do one in august for mechanics as well

they should be good!

I'm on the website now, they look great! I don't know how you can actually get a qualification out of it though. :confused:
Reply 34
Original post by ryanb97
oh yeah..i forgot you wanted to go into engineering :P

but yeah it is good!

they should be good!

:dontknow: but mechanics would be useful for me...

Do you have a link?
Original post by ryanb97

I'd prefer Cambridge mainly because they have a natural sciences degree so I can take uni-level physics, maths, computer science etc at the same time (for the first year at least) :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
I'd prefer Cambridge mainly because they have a natural sciences degree so I can take uni-level physics, maths, computer science etc at the same time (for the first year at least) :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:awesome:

Chem, Maths, Physics and Earth Sciences for me :h:
Reply 37
Don't rule out other unis just because those ones usually top the leaderboards. Check this out http://www.southampton.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/aeronautics_astronautics.shtml

well...that does look good!

F1 is something i was looking into..but im thinking of Planes tbh.... but F1 might be better...hmmm
but im not sure if i would like civil?? - thats good too

Yeah, I've heard of EdX but i thought the courses were at university level...? I'll have to look into it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

it is..but i think that it is supposed to be taken after 'american' college... which i think is around the start of year 13...so it is stuff that is 1/2 years ahead..but the way they set it all out is really good!

e.g. the load of youtube clips...
Untitled.jpg
Original post by ryanb97
well...that does look good!

F1 is something i was looking into..but im thinking of Planes tbh.... but F1 might be better...hmmm
but im not sure if i would like civil?? - thats good too

it is..but i think that it is supposed to be taken after 'american' college... which i think is around the start of year 13...so it is stuff that is 1/2 years ahead..but the way they set it all out is really good!

e.g. the load of youtube clips...
Untitled.jpg

I guess I've actually found something to do during the summer lol... :tongue:
Reply 39
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:dontknow: but mechanics would be useful for me...

Do you have a link?

https://www.edx.org/course/mit/8-mrevx/mechanics-review/748

are you going to do AFM next year?? -- in need someone who is..i dont want to be a loner ! :biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending