Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Deep fried mars bars, what's up with that? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Because deep fried "ICE CREAM" (in batter) is better?

ReputationRep:
    Where I live the local chip shops sell them and they are quite popular.
    Personally I think they are disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressed Eric)
    I haven't got a clue what a ''deep fried Mars Bar'' is, do you mean like you fry it in a pan?? :confused:

(Original post by krazie.x)
    Yh I hear its a famous "dish" in Scotland or something. U basically deep fry a mars bar literally

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not literally just the chocolate bar fried in a pan, it's coated in cakey batter first. I've never tried one but I'd love to. Anyway if you think that's bad y'all need to check out this list:

http://www.studentbeans.com/worldwei...rying4062.html

I have to admit the deep fried Oreos look pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RadioHawk)
    Chippy down the road used to do them, kept meaning to try one but then it closed
    Same happened with one near me. It's clearly only the dodgy ones that are doing them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krazie.x)
    I simply do not see any reason why someone would wanna eat that especially in this modern health conscious day so someone enlighten me :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would you be repulsed by the idea of eating fish and chips and then having a mars bar for dessert? Probably not; yet if anything, that's even more unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    I dislike it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evangelica)
    It's not literally just the chocolate bar fried in a pan, it's coated in cakey batter first. I've never tried one but I'd love to. Anyway if you think that's bad y'all need to check out this list:

They're actually good. Made them when i have one of those down days. Then i'd probably be disgusted by myself. But they do taste good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Hmm the cockroaches looks yummy and crispy lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    If you make them yourself with a clear and fresh oil, and some basic batter, you're basically just eating a mars bar in terms of 'Oh Em Gee so unhealthy'. And people eat them all the time, so anyone saying they don't get why people eat something so unhealthy should probably go on a field trip to McDonalds and wake up a bit.

They're a sensation more than anything. The mars bar melts, meaning you eat the equivalent of melted chocolate wrapped in a crunchy shell. With ice cream or something it creates a perfect blend of heated crunch, buttery rich texture and a light fluffy after taste. I can see why so many people like them, personally they're a bit rich for me and I prefer deep fried ice cream.

If you're not going to try it out of some sort of principle, I feel kind of sorry for you because that's got to be a pretty boring existence. I used to be a pretty fussy eater when I was younger, but once I started tasting crazy things on my travels I've realised you should just say meh and take a bite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    Because they taste like warm, savory, chocolaty cakes. I used to eat them everyday for months as I live near a chip shop. I've yet to die, and if I do so as a result of said Mars Bars, I will have died with my **** jammed in the eye-socket of life.
    I'd rather die with my eye cocked in the jam-socket of life.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't eat one because I only like chocolate when it comes straight from the fridge. But each to their own

ReputationRep:
    because they're delicious and one isn't gonna kill you

ReputationRep:
    Our chippy still does them, and sells them for £3. For a standard mars bar, some batter and oil. Pplfftt no way.

I heard that in America you can get a stick of butter deep fat fried. Bleurgh.

ReputationRep:
    I can understand a melted mars bar because they're yummy.
    But one DEEP FRIED, in a chip pan...covered in batter...yeah that's were my understanding ends!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Number 2: deep fried Coca Cola... What even... I just don't understand... How...

The idea of them sounds disgusting, but you don't know unless you try them! I fell in love with them because I've got such a sweet tooth, but I only treat myself to 1 or 2 a year!

That's very unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    Same happened with one near me. It's clearly only the dodgy ones that are doing them
    Our chippy does it, but doesn't have them on the menu. If you bring in your Mars they'll charge you 20p for the batter and the frying and then do it for you.
    Girl behind the counter said they have them on the menu everywhere else because they're 'dirty chippys', but not they're not (even though they still do it).

ReputationRep:
    I had it once when I was about 14, it was nice but I felt like I'd put on 3 stone after eating it. They are 50p in my local chippy

ReputationRep:
    People on this thread need to learn to live a little!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.