Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got Chicago Grey and Weird Al, I really wish I put a bet on Colbert Station after seeing him now.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    It's good to watch what you eat.
    looooooool

Anyway, I didn't watch it. I couldn't bear to see my future bolognese being trampled over.

ReputationRep:
    Two horses out of the race, and straight to the catering tent.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't let myself put any money on it as i'm saving at the moment, trying to anyway, but when I was considering it earlier,

Cappa Bleu
    Chicago Grey
    Colbert Station
    Ballabriggs
    Always Waining

I'll be annoyed now if any of them come good!

I'm not much of a horse racing fan though, the Villa match is on so I'm not watching the race.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Such a barbaric excuse for sport.

ReputationRep:
    That horse without a jockey crossed the line 2nd!

Now, I don't know much about horse racing, but I would have to imagine that the horse will be awarded 2nd, and it would get the full share of the prize money, as the jockey didn't cross the line. I predict that the horse will be hailed as a hero, as it managed to finish so strongly without tactical guidance from its jockey.

ReputationRep:
    Looked like Teaforthree until the last when it didn't jump, instead going through the fence. Congratulations to the winner and anyone here who backed it. A nice sum of money if you did. It was 80/1 at some bookmakers earlier today.

ReputationRep:
    Classy finish from the winner, 66/1 a big price too. And my streak is over. Bobbins.

ReputationRep:
    I bet £1 on Auroras Encore to win when it was 80/1 I nearly put a fiver on it, though. Oops.

ReputationRep:
    Im going to make sure these horses go to the damn glue factory, they lost me money -_-

ReputationRep:
    £1 each way on Teaforthree on 12/1 odds.

Ta muchly.

ReputationRep:
    Chose Oscar Time and Tarquinus, two outsiders at 4th and 8th. Maybe my quick scanning of their form wasn't bad...

ReputationRep:
    Haha at all you losers. Serves you right for supporting cruelty to animals. Hope you all get whipped and forced to run/jump in the near future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooIntelligent)
    Haha at all you losers. Serves you right for supporting cruelty to animals. Hope you all get whipped and forced to run/jump in the near future.
    Sweet Hurdles!

ReputationRep:
    First, second and third over here :wavey: I'm absolutely delighted!! £2 EW bets....bringing in almost £200. Kicking myself slightly for not putting my bets on last night when the odds were even higher, but still chuffed, especially as I have a knack for picking horses that don't finish

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I agree with, to some extent, with your concerns, you may have noticed, if you'd watched, that a fair few of the riderless horses carried on running and jumping. And if you'd watched How to Win the Grand National last night they said that some horses just love to run and jump and will do it whether they are trained to or not. In fact, they said those are the kind of horse you want for the National.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Whilst I agree with, to some extent, with your concerns, you may have noticed, if you'd watched, that a fair few of the riderless horses carried on running and jumping. And if you'd watched How to Win the Grand National last night they said that some horses just love to run and jump and will do it whether they are trained to or not. In fact, they said those are the kind of horse you want for the National.
    That is because that's what the poor animals have been trained to do. They continue in fear that they will get punished/turned into a "Tesco's Value Burger". Of course they will say that. They are biased people that support it.

ReputationRep:
    Won 66 quid. Put in 1.

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    I lost £5 on Imperial Commander ):<

Dad put £2 on the winner and won £132, jammy whatsit.

ReputationRep:
    That is because that's what the poor animals have been trained to do. They continue in fear that they will get punished/turned into a "Tesco's Value Burger". Of course they will say that. They are biased people that support it.
    :rolleyes: yes because horses can comprehend there fate and know all about the horse meet scandal. What about wild horses that run and jump without a moment of training or human intervention...?

Didn't put a bet on myself, rarely if ever do on the national as it's such a hard field to predict, the mother however has bagged 300+ quid with her only bet of the year... jammy sod.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.