Germany(Original post by PrincessLuna)
I know most people on here are probably UK or EU nationals and wouldn't have an slightest serious intention to migrate.
However I have a couple of problems in my home country and I am just sick of it and want to settle somewhere better.
My home country is unable to take crime being committed against me seriously and the attitude of people just doesn't suit me. The local language isn't the language I speak.
The biggest problem here is university education; there are no educational institutions that you would call a university by British standards. Most of the academically focused youth study in the UK and then try to move abroad. The other problem is that there simply aren't any jobs here for professional university graduates.
Anyway, despite a sub-standard quality of educational institutions, being a victim of inhumane conditions and abuse I due to my urge to do well and someday get out of this place I have managed to save some funds and am confident that I will get good a level results.
Now, I want to study abroad and then get a job and settle in the new country. I was wondering which country is the best option, considering the following criteria that I have
- Developed country with sane government and adequate infrastructure.
- Internationally recognised universities.
- English or French speaking
- Easier immigration procedure
- Friendly population; I do not want to be regarded as a job stealing foreigner that people hate
- Happy place to leave
- Jobs for computer engineering degree holders
- Low crime rate and effective police services
- Not insanely expensive and taxing, I should have a comfortable lifestyle and be able to have at least some savings.
I would love the UK but I heard that the locals dislike immigration and that there are going to be immigration reforms to make it tough etc.
Any suggestions as to what countries would be right for me. My intention is to eventually apply for citizenship in the new country.
Would France be easier than the UK?
I'm really at loss here and I don't know what to do really. Its really not easy when you have big ambitions and a nationality from non developed countries. Of course, if I get into a country I won't commit crime or anything.
Migrating to a new country for a young person? Watch
- 08-04-2013 22:48
- 08-04-2013 22:57