Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does The Smell Of Cigarette Smoke Bother You? watch

Very much... I can't stand the smell. especially when I'm eating, it ruins my taste.

ReputationRep:
    Being a smoker i have a somewhat strange opinion of it... if its not mine i have a strong dislike of it, especially if im already feeling ill.

ReputationRep:
    It used to, but my best friend at uni smokes all the time, so I've become accustomed to it.

ReputationRep:
    It smells awful! And it does bother me so I move away when someones smoking next to me.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is making me want to cigarette so bad and I've run out. :stomp: In answer to the tread, it doesn't bother me at all obviously.

ReputationRep:
    This winter i met a guy on the street , and there was no wind at all, and he came my direction from very far away, and was coughing, and there was absolutly no pissibility that he could smell my smoke because i came from the oposite direction from far away , and the guy being far away was already bursting out loud coughing,,,,

Then i said to him when he came closer "Its my sig hey, that makes u cough??"

And then the guy looked at me unfriendly and said "Yes indeed it was"

Psycholigal body reflex it was ....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it bothers me when in the confines of someone's house and moving into another room doesn't help because they smoke in all rooms and it sticks to my clothes and hair, but it's their house and up to them if they smoke or not, it's not up to me to tell them not to because I don't like it. We ask people to go into the back garden to smoke when they come to my house though. In a public place it doesn't bother me at all to be honest, it's out in the open and you can easily walk away from it.

ReputationRep:
    My tolerance has gotten a lot better used to make my eyes water/throat close up, although it's not the nicest thing ever. There's some brands I guess that still smell vile but I've gotten used to being around smokers a lot of the time and whatever they smoke.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely can't stand it; all cigarette smoke makes me feel disgusted. Just talking to someone who smokes and you can smell their breath is horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it becomes intolerable very quickly.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.